The goal of the WIA Young Leaders initiative is to ensure a big component of African women leaders play a role in African revolution.
The WIA Young Leaders 2023 program, created in collaboration with Dior, the world’s leading digital player Huawei Northern Africa, investment bank Lazard in France, audit and consulting firm KPMG France, and the multinational multi-energy company TotalEnergies, is now in its third iteration. After two successful iterations, WIA and its partners are still supporting and highlighting young African women leaders who are tasked with being defining figures in the continent’s economic development.
This year, 10 leaders will gain from a customized training course that will emphasize women’s leadership and future-ready abilities. They will receive help from well-known mentors and the chance to have an immersive experience through a business trip to a major global economic hub. They will have access to a top-tier professional network, receive training, interact with industry leaders, and gain from great visibility at international events thanks to this trip.
Benefits of WIA Young Leaders Program
The WIA Young Leaders program will be an opportunity to:
- Connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, business or public figures, and serial entrepreneurs.
- Be trained on boards, media training, career coaching, and other customized training.
- Benefit from international media visibility.
WIA Young Leaders Program Requirements
- Open to women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level).
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country.
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment.
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy, and resilience).
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds.
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact, and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
WIA Young Leaders Program Interview date, Process and Venue
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file: 12 pre-finalists
- Interview with the jury: 10 selected leaders
[maxbutton id=”13″ url=”https://form.typeform.com/to/KJAvxtfa” text=”CLICK HERE TO APPLY” ]