The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency provides highly motivated law students with an opportunity to learn about the World Bank’s goal and activities, as well as the Legal Vice Presidency’s. Individuals can contribute new perspectives, innovative ideas, and cutting-edge research experiences to the World Bank’s everyday operations and develop their legal abilities while working in a multicultural setting through the World Bank Legal Internship Program.
The program’s goal is to give you firsthand knowledge of the World Bank’s day-to-day operations by working closely with professionals in the Legal Vice Presidency.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the Legal Vice Presidency’s legal services as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during your internship. You will work directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
Student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions are required for students participating in the World Bank Legal Internship Program. Only in extraordinary circumstances will the World Bank assist participants in obtaining visa paperwork for the World Bank Legal Internship Program.
The World Bank will not provide any monetary fees or remuneration to participants in the World Bank Legal Internship Program. However, each World Bank Legal Intern must be compensated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards, either through I monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank, or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Students participating in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must therefore arrange adequate funding for the duration of their internships.
Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance as well as any costs incurred as a result of accidents or illness while on assignment, and must provide proof of major global medical insurance coverage.
Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency will provide a brief onboarding session for the incoming cohort at the start of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Programs.
Performance Evaluations: The World Bank will not give performance evaluations for participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
Please note that applying for or participating in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not imply that you will be hired by the World Bank after completing the program.
Requirements And Eligibility
- Do you have citizenship in one of the IBRD member countries?
- Are you currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program at the time of your internship with us? Do you have a strong command of the English language? (For example, if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in a qualifying legal academic program between June and August.)
- You are eligible to be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency if you responded yes to all of these questions. Candidates with a good command of a second language, particularly if it is one of the IBRD’s working languages, will be given preference (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- Students from all around the world, as well as those located in the United States, are encouraged to apply.
Documents Required For Application
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023