The Zenith Bank Pitching Competition formally announces the opening of applications from Nigerian business owners with tech-enabled, scalable solutions intended to disrupt various industries.
Zenith Bank Pitching Competition, a partnership between Zenith Bank and Seedstars, aims to assist Nigerian minimum viable product (MVP) stage startups in moving on to the next development level.
On November 22 and 23, the top ten startups will be invited to compete in a pitch competition at Zenith Tech Fair, where the winners could take home up to N15 million in cash awards.
A partnership between Zenith Bank and Seedstars called the Zenith Bank Pitching Competition aims to assist Nigerian minimum viable product (MVP) stage startups in moving on to the next development level.
The goal of the competition is to find potential companies and help the top startups who are utilizing cutting-edge technology and creative ideas to address today’s issues and pave the way for a better tomorrow in the following fields:
- Future of Wholesale and Retail
- Future of eCommerce
- Future of Payments
- Future of Lending
- Future of Wellness
- Future of Cybersecurity
- Future of EdTech
- Future of Electricity (power vending)
- Future of Agri-tech
- Future of Entertainment
- Existing startups/young tech companies (3 years) in the Nigerian ecosystem;
- The startup must have a demonstrable product or service (MVP) or must demonstrate viability of business model;
- The startup needs to be scalable or have the potential to reach scalability;
- Startup must have a complete team;
- Startup must not have raised more than $75K; and;
- Startup must be operating in one of the sectors listed above.
Zenith Bank Startup Pitch Competition Benefits
The 10 startups will have the chance to pitch their solutions at the Zenith Tech Fair on November 22 and 23 for a chance to win one of the following cash prizes:
- 1st Prize: N15 million
- 2nd Prize: N10 million
- 3rd Prize: N5 million
The top 5 startups will receive follow-on mentorship through Seedstars’ Mentorship Hub, enabling them to continue scaling their businesses and receiving additional support from a worldwide network of experts and investors. The remaining startups will receive participatory prizes of N1 million each.