Through the African Union Internship Program, interns have the chance to supplement their educational experience and advance their professional knowledge and expertise. Qualified individuals from various academic areas have the chance to get professional exposure within the AU through the full-time internship program.
As a company that values diversity and encourages teamwork, we strongly invite all competent people to apply.
Candidates should have a strong interest in the AU’s work as well as the capacity to communicate with people of different cultural origins and religious beliefs.
- Host: African Union (AU)
- Category: Internships | Training
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Training | Visa Sponsorship
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
By encouraging unity, solidarity, cohesion, and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as creating a New Partnership Worldwide, the African Union, which was established as a singular Pan African continental body, is tasked with driving Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development. Ethiopia’s capital city of Addis Abeba serves as its headquarters.
The African Union seeks to increase its capacity to deliver, among other things, the execution of its organizational structure, in an effort to achieve this goal.
The African Union Commission is pursuing this goal by inviting residents of Member States to apply for its internship program.
To be considered for the Internship, you must:
- Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
- Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
- Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
- Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
- Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Duration and Reward
The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
- AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
- The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) month renewable one time for any candidate
- Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expenses of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have an individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
- Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.