Due to the increasing high rate of unemployment in the country, getting a job in Nigeria is not a child play. It has gone to an extent that even graduates now rush the available lowest paying jobs in the country. In this article, I’ll show you 5 fastest ways to get a job in Nigeria.
Even though there is no job in Nigeria, but there is always a job for those who know ‘how’. So, stay with me as I take you through the fastest and funny ways to get job in Nigeria.
‘Yes’, it is funny and you probably going to laugh when I begin to show you. Just take your time to think about it, you’ll see things for yourself. Believe me, I personally know some persons that got their dream jobs through that means.
SEE ALSO: 7 ways to get good job after your NYSC
Now; let’s go there!
Below are the 5 funny and fastest ways to get a job in Nigeria
1. Offer to work for free: This is one of the fastest ways to get a job in Nigeria. Nigerians like free things, and hiring managers are not exception, you can use it to get your dream job. So, if you know of any top company that is close to where you stay, submit your curriculum vitae (CV), and state in your cover letter that you want to work for free in the company. If they don’t invite you, meet the person in charge, maybe the Human Resource Manager (HRM), and express your willingness to work for free in his company. That sounds somehow, right? but if they accept you, you probably going to end up being paid like other staff. Even if they don’t pay you, you have nothing to lose as that also gives you the opportunity of gaining work experience.
Tip: If they take you to work for free, try to work hard more than anyone else in the company. If they find you very useful, it is going to likely results to paid employment. I know a friend who tried it, and he is now working with the company as a full-time staff and he is being paid regularly like other staff in the company.
2. Utilize Churches: This is another way to get fast job in Nigeria. Visit any of the top churches and use their testimony time. Testify about how God has blessed you with good health despite being jobless for several years. For example, you can say something like “I want to thank God for keeping me alive despite the fact I don’t have a job after 2 years of graduating from the University. I believe God will use someone in this church to give me a job. Once I get a job, I will forever serve him in this church.”
Another way is to become a member and meet the head Pastor. Tell the pastor that you need a job, I’m sure he will help connect you if their is any employer or someone in the church that can help.
Make sure that the church has members who have good jobs. When using this method, be bold! It has worked for many people before and keep working.
SEE ALSO: How to apply for NNPC job recruitment
3. Join Church Department: Once you join a church, find a department to join. There are usually different departments in a church. They will appreciate your hard work and will get to know more about you. Make sure you tell them all the truth about yourself. If you don’t eat, tell them, there is no need to sugar coat your situation. They will definitely help you if they can!
4. Meet Job Agents: This is one of the ways that most people do not know it exist. Job agents are likely around you. The only difference between you and those guys are the fact that they possess powerful networks. They know a lots of firms and hiring managers, most of the times they are the ones recruiting for the firms. You’ll pay the job agents after they got job for you depending on the agreement. Just discover job agents around you, meet and negotiate with them. Submitting CV online and offline also a great way to get job, but you don’t have the information the job agent guys have.
5. Advertise yourself: Drop the shame and do the needful. You can get cardboard sheet, then write that you need a job, your contact and qualifications, and paste it in strategic places in the street. Or you can use social media adverts. I have seen some people who used Facebook to advertise their qualifications.
I have also seen people advertising their qualifications on Nairaland and I believe it worked.
5 Fastest Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria
- Offer to work for free
- Utilize churches
- Join church department
- Meet job agents
- Advertise yourself
If you know any other funny ways, you can add it using the comment section
Top Posts of the Week=> How to apply for NYSC/CBN loan
=> CBN promises 7-year loan for Corpers
=> How to write a CV - samples
=> 10 places to get loan in Nigeria without collateral