Are you a young Nigerian and online enthusiast? Do you want to use part of your online presence to make extra money? If your answer is ‘yes’, this article will tell you more about affiliate marketing in Nigeria. For the smart internet users in Nigeria, affiliate marketing is the new cash cow. It is unarguably the biggest and leading online business in the country.
Many Nigerians make cool cash every day from affiliate marketing programs. And since you are reading this article right now, you will be thrilled as you learn more about affiliate marketing in Nigeria.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is simply a performance-based selling that gives a certain amount in commission as a reward for the hard work in making people to buy company’s goods and services.
How does affiliate marketing work?
Whereas we described affiliate marketing as a cash cow, it must be noted that money doesn’t come at the expense of hard work. You have to make efforts to get people to buy these products and services. Thus, below are the 4 stages involved in affiliate marketing:
1) Promote Companies Products/Services.
2) The Products/Services are discovered by customers.
3) People buy the products or subscribe for Services.
4) You get paid a commission.
How to start affiliate marketing in Nigeria
It is very easy to start affiliate marketing in Nigeria. Follow the guideline below:
1) Choose your niche, an area that you are passionate about. i.e. Phones, Fashion, Health, Cars, etc.
2) Join an affiliate program of your choice. Examples are: Jumia, Konga, Amazon affiliates, etc.
3) Choose top-tier marketing approaches.
4) Grow your audience in the niche you chose.
5) Advertise your affiliate products.
6) Get paid commission on every sale.
How to find a profitable affiliate marketing niche
This is very simple. Essentially, a profitable niche is a product that people are most interested in. to know this, observe your competitors to see what they are selling and the engagements they are getting. Then you can build your niche on that and do better.
Top affiliate marketing programs in Nigeria
Below are the top affiliate marketing programs in Nigeria that you can sign up for:
Note: When you register for affiliate marketing program with any of the listed companies above, choose their products/services to promote and get paid for every purchase made through your assigned referral.
Affiliate marketing, as we have said, is a good avenue for you to make good money if you understand how it works and you are dedicated to doing it. You can choose anyone of your choice from the ones we listed above. You can join as many as you want.