This fully funded training program is a joint initiative of the African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHer that aims to provide gender-responsive and cutting-edge curricula that can improve African people’s skills and capacities in STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship, as well as build teachers’ capacity to teach these subjects effectively.
The training takes place under the theme, “#AfricaEducatesHer – Digital Skills for All: Bridging the Gender Gap in STEAM, Financial Literacy, and Entrepreneurship”
About African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). The main objectives of the OAU were to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonisation and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States; to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development; to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States and to promote international cooperation.
Benefits Of CIEFFA Online Capacity Building Training Program
- Gain knowledge in Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy.
- Get a Certificate for each program: Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy (participants need to attend at least 60% of the training courses per program to be eligible for certificates).
- Become part of African Union CIEFFA network and ImpactHER network.
- Increase your chances to be invited for fully-funded in-person activities by the African Union CIEFFA.
- Fully-funded online training and mentorship sponsored by ImpactHER
- Be of African descent (woman or man);
- Be able to demonstrate the motivation to learn about: digital skills, entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, aspirations, and a commitment to the promote girls and women’s education;
- Have access to good internet connection and a device (laptop, computer, smartphone, or tablet).
- Have a clear understanding of one of the training’s languages; English, French or Portuguese;
- Hold an African citizenship residing on the continent or anywhere in the world.
P.S. Please note that the participants will be divided into batches. Each batch will be run for a period of 1 month starting from August 2023.
Interview date, Process and Venue
The pilot phase of the Online Youth Capacity Building Training Program (OYCBT) ended in June 2023 and the next phase begins in August and will run till December. It is open to all who wish to upskill their capacities in Digital skills, Entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
Format of the training:
It is a one-month intensive training programme featuring;
- Digital literacy – 2 weeks
- Entrepreneurship – 1 week
- financial literacy – 1 week
You can choose one or two of these courses to undergo. However, interested participants are strongly advised to apply for all three courses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Union webiste to apply
For more details visit: African Union CIEFFA website on https://cieffa.au.int/en/news/updates/2023-07-18/about-online-capacity-building-training-program-ocbt.