GEM is presently accepting candidates for its full-time, sponsored PhD program. Applications will be accepted for the following two scholarships:
- GEM Elite Doctoral Scholarships: Full-time doctoral scholarships, valued at R200 000 per year for three years.
- GEM Doctoral Scholarships: Full-time doctoral scholarships valued at R150 000 per year for three years.
About Stellenbosch University
Stellenbosch University (SU) is home to an academic community of 29 000 students (including 4 000 foreign students from 100 countries) as well as 3 000 permanent staff members (including 1 000 academics) on five campuses. ?The historical oak-lined university town amongst the Boland Mountains in the winelands of the Western Cape creates a unique campus atmosphere, which attracts local and foreign students alike. On the main campus, paved walkways wind between campus buildings – some dating from previous centuries; others just a few years old.
Benefits of GEM Scholarships
Prospective students may apply for full scholarships, which amounts to at least R138 000 per year for three years.
Candidates must meet the minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate has to meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s ?Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the below criteria will be considered.
Interview Date, Process and Venue
The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
How To Apply
For more details, visit Stellenbosch University website on http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/economy/gem/gem-scholars/prospective