The international Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development took to its site to announce the call for the Agrihub Nigeria Project for new and existing agripreneurs in Abuja, Imo and Oyo States.
The Aim of Agrihub Nigeria project is engineered towards unemployed Nigeria youths who are emerging agripreneurs, ready and willing to develop their skillsets along the employment and entrepreneurship routes.
It is geared towards increasing wage opportunities for Youth and improved livelihoods at grassroots rural economy.
The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) through its Youth in Agribusiness office is partnering with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Songhai center in Nigeria to initiate the Integrated Agribusiness Hub Project.
IFAD Agrihub project in Nigeria is aimed at creating sustainable employment and empowerment cum income generating opportunities for our younger generation in agriculture and related activities in Nigeria which will be reaching 3410 young men and women within five years with (30% for entrepreneurial track and 70% for employment).
Every hub is taxed with the job of providing several services including;
1) capacity-building, training, and mentoring.
2) Technology testing, demonstration, and certification facilities.
3) Technology transfer
4) International networking and collaboration.
5) Policy making advocacy and market intelligence.
6) link to investors and other financing sources.
- Must be a Nigeria citizen between the age of 18 and 35.
- Must be available and ready to participate in the full program and evaluation process.
- Shouldbe able to write and express yourself in basic English.
How to apply for IITA/IFAD Agrihub 2021 Project for Nigerian Youths
To apply kindly Click Here.
You can visit the webpage of IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project for Youths in Nigeria for more information by clicking here.