Despite the infrastructural deficit in Africa, the continent continue to make giant strides in its quest to close the gap against the other continents of the world. This is to ensure that Africa attracts lucrative investments needed to make the lives of her people better. In this article, we will take you through the largest airports in Africa. Check out How to Book Flight Ticket Online in Nigeria.
- 1 Biggest Airports In Africa
- 2 1. Oliver Tambo International Airport
- 3 2. Cairo International Airport
- 4 3. Cape Town International Airport, Cape Town, South Africa
- 5 4. King Shaka International Airport, Durban, South Africa
- 6 5. Sharm El-Sheikh international airport
- 7 6. Hurghada International Airport
- 8 7. Murtala Mohammed International Airport
- 9 Related
Biggest Airports In Africa
Below is the list of biggest Airport in Africa;
1. Oliver Tambo International Airport
This Airport is named after one of the country’s heroes of the fight against apartheid, Oliver Tambo. It is the biggest and busiest airport in Africa. The airport facilitates more than 21 million passengers every year, and more than 50 percent of South Africa’s air travelling passengers passed through the airport.
2. Cairo International Airport
Cairo International Airport is the primary hub for the country’s carriers–EgyptAir, Nile and Express Air and many others. It is located in Heliopolis, northeast Cairo, around 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from the economic area of the city and has an area of approximately 37 square kilometres (14 sq mi). It is the second busiest airport in Africa.
3. Cape Town International Airport, Cape Town, South Africa
Coming third on the list is Cape Town International Airport, South Africa. The airport is the main international gateway of Cape Town in South Africa. Located approximately 12 miles (20 km) from the city centre of Cape Town, CPT airport operates both international and domestic flights.
4. King Shaka International Airport, Durban, South Africa
When it comes to the biggest and busiest airports in Africa, South Africa rules. King Shaka International Airport is a world class air travel facility that was opened in 2010. The airport provides a host of services to make your traveling experience as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. It has some of the best Shops and restaurants you can find in any airports around the globe
5. Sharm El-Sheikh international airport
The Sharm El-Sheikh international airport is the second major airport in Egypt, after the Cairo International Airport. The airport has approximately 10 million passenger traffic yearly. The airport is located in the heart of the resort area just near the Red Sea coast.
6. Hurghada International Airport
Situated in El Dahar, Hurghada Airport, the sixth on the list is currently served by one terminal. However, plans are being made to make it a cynosure of all eyes while passengers will have access to a wide variety of stores, duty-free boutiques and restaurants.
7. Murtala Mohammed International Airport
Murtala Mohammed International Airport is the most iconic airport in Nigeria. Built at the heart of Lagos, the Nigeria’s economic capital, in the 1970s, it facilitates millions of international travels every year, while also serving the entire country. It was originally known as Lagos International Airport, it was renamed in the mid-1970s, during construction of the new international terminal, after a former Nigerian military head of state Murtala Muhammed.
- How to Book Flight Ticket Online in Nigeria
- How to Apply for France Visa in Nigeria
- How to Get Travel Loans in Nigeria