The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) of the United States Consulate General in Lagos has launched Project FARMTITUDE. The project’s goal is to equip youngsters in Lagos’ Ikorodu Local Government Area with the information, skills, and resources they’ll need to develop small-scale crop production enterprises that maximise the value chain.
Participants would be helped to build business strategies, register their firms, be provided with basic business and farm tools, be connected to the market, and a seed fund would be provided to outstanding children at the conclusion of the initiative.
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Background
Project FARMTITUDE equips selected youth with the knowledge, skills, equipment, and networks they need to develop and grow crop-based agricultural businesses that are both sustainable and scalable. These individuals will work in groups, get access to demonstration farms, be given start-up kits, and be exposed to a variety of agriculture value chain partners.
Goals and benefits of Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative
- Seed capital to launch a small-scale agricultural firm
- Farm and business toolkits
- Leadership Development for Individuals and Businesses
- On-the-job training on a farm
- Online agriculture marketplace access
- Industry professionals provide coaching and mentorship.
- Collaboration and networking
- You’re either running a farm or have access to a location where you could start one.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Women and people with disabilities are strongly advised to register
- If you live in Lagos’s Ikorodu LGA or think the area is easily accessible,
- Reading, writing, and speaking English fluently
Selection Criteria, Interview Date, Process, and Location
- A demonstrated ability to start a firm in the agriculture industry, as well as a strong desire to do so.
- Ability to operate cooperatively in a variety of groups while also respecting others’ viewpoints
- Demonstrated leadership and/or civic engagement skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication abilities
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
How to Apply for Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below.
To apply, go to docs.google.com and type in Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative.