You have what it takes to be a top Data Scientist? Nigeria’s Kaduna State has invited applications for its Data Science Fellowship Program in 2022.
The Data Science Fellowship Program is part of Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan, which aims to improve data collection and use coordination for evidence-based decision-making.
Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
Academic Qualifications: Graduate of a tertiary institution with a degree in one of the STEMS disciplines, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, physical sciences, or any other health-related field. Undergraduates in the STEM professions who are completing their internships for 6 months to a year are also invited to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: During the selection process, 50 percent gender balancing and distribution will be taken into account.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics during the 6-month program, which will be divided into a 3-month intensive training program and a 3-month paid internship. Fellows will be assigned to MDAs, particularly the State Ministry of Health and Other Agencies, to assist in data coordination efforts that will benefit society.
The Purpose And Benefits
The following are some of the advantages that program participants will receive:
- A chance to improve your abilities and advance your career in the world’s most sought-after industry.
- An opportunity to contribute to development planning, public policy, and the use of data for evidence-based decision making in the Health Sector by working with a team of public policy experts and Data Analysts.
- Internship program with industry leaders and stakeholders in the health sector for six months at no cost.
- Within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab, model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.
- Within the Data Science Ecosystem, create a long-term network.
How To Apply
Go to Kaduna State Government on www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng to apply
Step 1: Fill and Submit the application form
Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
Step 5: Write a short piece of writing of no more than 250 words. Why should you be chosen for the program, and Upload a valid form of identification (e.g., a voter’s card, a national identification card, a driver’s license, or an international passport). NB: The image type must be.jpg.
Step 6: You will receive notification of your application’s status.
Step 7: If your application is accepted, you will be contacted to take a computer-based test.
Step 8: If you are accepted into the program, you will be requested to upload a video introducing yourself, explaining why you applied and why you should be accepted.
Step 9: If your application is successful, you will be called to schedule a One-on-One Interview with the Selection Panel.
Step 10: Enroll in the Fellowship Program’s Pioneer Cohort.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.