After completing their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination, every student hopes to get admission into a prestigious university in Nigeria. In this article, we will show you the full list of courses offered in NOUN and entrance criteria be examined.
To make it easier for people to get into higher education, the National Open University of Nigeria was founded. The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) offers a wide range of courses, so it’s vital to know what they offer before enrolling. As a Distance Learning Institution, you should also be familiar with the school’s tuition and entrance criteria. So, we are here to be your Angel of Guidance!
Requirements for Admission to Nigeria’s National Open University (NOUN)
- As with other postsecondary institutions in Nigeria, the Open University of Nigeria has comparable entrance criteria.
- There is a minimum need of 5 credits in English and Math in order to apply for a Bachelor’s degree in Undergraduate Studies.
- For certain programmes, additional criteria may be required, but only after the candidate has been evaluated.
- All undergraduate prerequisites, including English Language and Mathematics and five (5) SSCE credits are required for post-graduate programmes.
- Some postgraduate courses consider a passing grade in mathematics as a prerequisite for admission.
Courses Offered in NOUN
Various faculties, departments, and NOUN Units will provide courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- BSc. Mathematics
- BSc. Computer and Mathematics (Combined Hons)
- BSc. Computer Science
- BSc. Data Management
- BSc. Communications Technology
- BSc. Agricultural Extension and Management
- BSc. Nursing Science
- BSc. Community Health
- BSc. Environmental Science and Resource Management (ESM)
- BSc. Financial Mathematics
- BSc. Physics
- BSc. Chemistry
- BSc. Biology
- B.Sc. Community Health
- B.Sc. Dental Technology
- B.Sc. Environmental Health
- Agric. Agricultural Economics and Agro Business
- B. Agric. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- B. Agric. Animal Science
- B. Agric. Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- B. Agric. Soil and Land Resources Management
- B. Agric. Crop Production and protection Sciences
- LL.B (Law)
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.A (Ed.) Early Childhood Education
- B.A (Ed.) English
- B.A (Ed.) French
- B.A (Ed.) Primary Education
- B.Sc. Cooperatives Management
- B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Accounting (in Collaboration with ICAN)
- B.Sc. Hospitality Management
- B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
- B.A Christian Theology
- B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- B.A. English
- B.A French and International Relations
- B.Sc. Mass Communication
- B.A Islamic Studies
- B.Sc. Political Science
As you can see, the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) offers a wide range of courses from certificate to postgraduate.
Aside from that, the admission standards and school fees schedule for both new and returning students at the undergraduate and postgraduate level are what can be expected in 2021, as well.
Know that the material provided in this blog article is not made up, but is based on fact. As a result, please treat it the same. For more information, please visit NOUN’s official website.