The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria in partnership with global development associates to solve the major financial problems facing Micro, Small and Medium-Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. DBN is welcoming applications for Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Programme.
- 1 Development Bank of Nigeria and their Objectives
- 2 What is the Scope of the DBN Programme?
- 3 What is the DBN 2021 program structure?
- 4 DBN Process for selection
- 5 Requirements for DBN Entrepreneur Training Programme
- 6 Activities Time-Table
- 7 How to Apply for Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneur Training Programme
Development Bank of Nigeria and their Objectives
The Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Programme provided entrepreneurial training to Nigerians for free. Meanwhile, the following are the other objectives of the programme:
• To strengthen Micro, Small and Medium-Scale Enterprises with skills and capabilities design and defend excellent business proposals.
• To upgrade their access to needed credit.
• To improve their ability for efficient funds utilization.
• To give them access to trade, investment and market access.
• To offer funding and risk-sharing facilities to MSMEs.
What is the Scope of the DBN Programme?
• It is designed for MSMEs based in Nigeria.
• The training centres are located in Lagos and Abuja.
• The program will be implemented in partnership with Google, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), Pan Atlantic University and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL).
What is the DBN 2021 program structure?
The program will take place in 2 stages and will be implemented over a 3-month period in partnership with Google, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), Pan Atlantic University and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL).
DBN Process for selection
• 1000 entrepreneurs will be pre-selected to undergo a course on the basis of Digital Marketing at their own pace for one month, beginning from August 16th – September 10th.
• The first 250 MSMEs to finish the course will be given invitation to join live instructor led by webinar sessions with Google Nigeria.
• The final 200 MSMEs will be selected from the attendee MSMEs of the live webinar session and be invited to the physical training in Lagos and Abuja.
• Curriculum will be designed with focus on the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs after the completion of needs-based analysis.
• Selected MSMEs will invited to attend pitching session to access part of the available funding.
• A certificate of completion will be issued by those who take part in the Lagos and Abuja training.
Requirements for DBN Entrepreneur Training Programme
- You must be 18 years and above
- Must be a Nigerian
- Your business must be registered with CAC
- Business must be profitable
- You must be available for training
• August 1st – Application opens.
• August 16th – 20th – notification of 1000 successful applicants.
• August 23rd – Digital Training begins.
• September 17th – Digital Training closes.
• September 30th – Final selection of 200 Businesses.
• October 11th – Face-to-Face Training begins.
How to Apply for Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneur Training Programme
Below is the process of Application:
- Visit https://reg.smetoolkit.ng/login or https://www.devbankng.com/,
- Fill the online application form with necessary information,
- Submit the application online
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within 24 hours,
- Selection will be based on eligibility criteria,
- Communications with selected applicants will be via emails to the email address provided during application.
Kindly share this information on your social media handles for others to know about this.