The EdTech innovation challenge is an initiative to find solutions with the aim of transforming Nigerians system of Education, with a focus on leveraging the power of the artificial intelligence to impact the educational ecosystem that are existing positively.
The challenge helps in the supporting of the development of ideas of young men and women. It also connect with others that are working towards the goal of strengthening the system of education, and skills building.
The centre of the project must be around education technology, and must leverage the technology in order to meet the following.
- Must be grouped as part of the EdTech sector (industry).
- Falls within the underlisted categories;
a. Curriculum Applications.
b. Students who are disabled.
c. The school management system.
d. Lifelong learning Applications.
- It must have a cyber security on the forefront, or an artificial intelligence as part of Application.
- Must be for profit.
- It must have a commercial applications.
- It can disrupt ecosystem or supplement current education.
- It should enable better management of the process of education, or impact earning.
- It must be disruptive, inventive, or innovative
- Applicants must hold all applicable rights, and the proposal of the business must be an original work.
- It is required to be submitted in English Language.
In order to enter, team-based projects must select one person to submit the application, and also to serve as a representative of the team throughout the competition.
Benefits of the Challenge Winner of the contest, and winner of each categories will receive funding and technical mentoring from some of the brightest minds at NINE and iHUB In order to help bring their idea to life, and help create a change that is meaningful in the ecosystem.
Who should Apply
- The EdTech innovation challenge is open to students in the tertiary education, secondary school, R&Ds, teachers, and developers around Nigeria states.
- Applicants should have scalable commercial applications and offer original inventive, innovative or disruptive product/service.
- The interest of the challenge is across different spheres including primary, secondary, High Education, lifelong learning, vocational, etc. Application should be able to impact direct/indirect learners.
How to Apply for EdTech Innovation Challenge for Nigerian Youths
All applicants who are applying for the EdTech 2021 innovation challenge should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline of the Challenge
a. Starting from April 12th 2021, applicants who are interested should submit their preliminary proposal via the email address above. Submission should be no later than April 26th 2021. It will be better if aspiring applicants apply earlier, before the closing date approaches.
b. On May 12th 2021, applicants who are successful from the first round will get an invitation to submit a project which is more detailed before May 17th 2021.
c. Award-winners of the EdTech innovation challenge will be announced during the 3rd edition of the EdTech summit, and holding of awards will be May 25th and 26th 2021. Click Here to register.