EPFL/UM6P Scholarship Program For African Students 2023
One of the three pillars of the Excellence in Africa effort is the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa initiative. It is intended to support graduates in science and engineering who want to pursue a Ph.D. at a university in Africa.
A professor employed by their African home institution and a professor from EPFL will jointly supervise PhD applicants who receive a UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa fellowship. Students may visit their EPFL co-lab supervisor’s for brief durations, but they will do the majority of their PhD work and thesis research in Africa. Their native institution will be the only one to provide them a degree.
- To be a national of an African country
- To hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2020 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master study
- To have an outstanding academic track record
- To be enrolled in an African academic institution when the fellowship will start, and to reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD
- To have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration
Benefits of EPFL/UM6P Scholarship Program
The program awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs in total for a period of at most 54 months. Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living Allowance
- Tuition fees
- Research costs
- Costs related to joint supervision
- Applicants will be pre-selected by June 2023.
- Interviews of pre-selected applicants by EPFL professors will be conducted in summer 2023.
- Results are expected by October 2023.
[maxbutton id=”13″ url=”https://epflresearchfunds.gomovein.com/locallogin/5d77bf02089cc332e062a3a2/eng” text=”CLICK HERE TO APPLY” ]