Following the recently announced Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) ban on sales of forex to Bureau De Change, the top Nigerian bank has made USD available to customers via the Nigerian commercial banks. Because of this, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) has set up forex teller points at all its branches in Nigeria to address the demand for the United States’ Dollars (USD). In this article, we reveal to you how you can purchase forex at any of Gtbank branches across Nigeria, at its newly set forex teller points.
The Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) has announced the setting up of forex teller points at all its branches nationwide to sell forex to customers. Based on the CBN’s new policy, only commercial banks in Nigeria may sell forex in Nigeria, bringing an end to the long hold of the members of Bureau De Change on forex sale in Nigeria. What this means is that CBN will no longer sale forex to Bureau De Change operators but directly Nigerian commercial banks.
If you have any requirements for forex, all you need to do is to walk into any Gtbank branch across Nigeria to purchase your Personal Travel Allowance (PTA), Business Travel Allowance (BTA), among other forms of bills. Also, you can pay your international school fees, foreign health bills, and Small and Medium Enterprises Form Q transactions among other eligible forex transactions. Checkout how to trade forex at Nigeria banks.
With this new development, note that you can now get your forex in cash at the forex teller point on the same day, while your foreign school and medical bills will be paid direct to the beneficiary offshore. It is important to be aware that you must provide all necessary documents before the transactions can be executed.
Requirements for Applying for PTA/BTA at Gtbank Forex Teller Points
- You must be 18 years or more
- You must have a valid Nigerian passport, valid international return ticket bearing travel date not more than 14 days from the date of PTA/BTA purchase
- PTA amount limit is $4, 000 per applicant
- A return ticket issued in Nigeria with a minimum 5 travel hours to your destination
Requirements for Applying for International School Fees Payment
- You must apply in person, or via parents and guardian
- You must have a BVN
- Admission letter and payment invoice
- First degree certificate and duly completed Form A (for post-graduate only)
Contact Gtbank for further details