The National University Commission (NUC) is the body bestowed with the responsibility to handle university education in the country. To attain stable university system in Nigeria, a list of fake universities unveiled by NUC has been released.
Fifty-eight (58) tertiary institutions made the list. And the NUC has stopped them from operating the illegal universities. Read also: JAMB Cut-off Mark For 2021 Admission In Federal Universities
Besides the fake universities discovered, a total number of eight (8) universities are running illegal degree programs. Although the commission is still investigating the schools involve.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
Furthermore, a strict warning was passed to the masses not to seek admission to the said schools. As certificates from them will be unaccepted for job placement, neither will it grant them call for the NYSC program.
List of The Fake Universities Unveiled By NUC
The schools are;
- Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Anambra State.
- University of Applied Science & Mgt, Republic of Benin.
- Volta University College, Volta Region, Ghana.
- Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi state.
- United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra State.
- UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State.
- The International University, Missouri USA.
- Tiu International University, UK.
- London External Studies, UK.
- Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Bolta University College, Aba.
- Western University, Esie, Kwara State.
- EC-Council USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
- Concept College/Universities, London.
- Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja.
- Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo State.
- lantic Intercontinental University, Okija Anambra State.
- Middle Belt University, Otukpo.
- Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja.
- Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State.
- Temple University, Abuja.
- National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
- University of Education, Wenneba Ghana.
- African University Cooperative Development Cotonou, Benin Republic.
- Evangel University of America & Chudick Management Academic, Lagos.
- Career Light Resources centre, Jos.
- Coastal University, Iba Oku, Akwa Ibom State.
- Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State.
- Gospel Missionary Foundation, Theological University, Egbe Ikotun, Lagos.
- West African Union University.
- Kaduna Business School, Kaduna.
- University of West Africa, Kwali Abuja.
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Gboko campus.
- Pacific Western University, Denver Colorado, Owerri study centre.
- Cape Coast University, Ghana.
- University of Accountancy & Management Studies, Lagos State.
- Irish University Business School, London.
- Fed. College of Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
- Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru, Rivers State.
- Lead Way University, Ughelli, Delta State.
- Open International University, Akure.
- Houdegbe North American University.
- Acada University, Akinlalu Oyo state.
- Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja.
- Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, AkwaIbom State.
- St. Andrews University College, Abuja.
- JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna campus.
- West African Christian University.
- Pilgrims University.
- Pebbles University, UK.
- Columbus University, UK.
- Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State.
- Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State.
- United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo State.
- Royal University, Izhia, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
- Blacksmith University, Akwa.
- University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos.
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies.
While the eight (8) tertiary institutions running illegal degree programs are;
- Volta University College, Aba, Abia state.
- Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
- Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University.
- National Universities of Nigeria, Keffi, Nassarawa State.
- North Central University, Otukpo, Benue state.
- Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia state.
- Saint Clement University, Ekiti state.
- West Coast University, Umuahia.
With the publication of the fake universities list, anyone schooling or aspiring to school in any of the universities will do so at own risk. Because there is no accreditation acknowledged to the schools.
In due course, appropriate actions will be taken to ensure Nigerians are safe from such citadel of learning.
Kindly share this vital information with Friends and relatives, who might fall victim and seek admission into the fake Universities unveiled by NUC, if not informed on time.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023