The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) is inviting applications from qualified candidates from Kaduna state who have been admitted to 100 level via UTME and 200 level via Direct Entry for a degree or HND 1 programme in the 2021/2022 secession.
This scholarship programme was designed to provide financial assistance to about 2500 students seeking to apply for undergraduate and Higher National Diploma degree programme.
History of Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (NONNIF)
In May 2010, the Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (NONNIF) was established in Abuja to advance education in northern Nigeria. Yearly, the organization organizes lectures on good governance, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, payment of school fees for the downtrodden across the northern region of Nigeria. HONNIF is out to ensure effective participation of people of the north in national decision-making, especially in politics, economy and social-cultural affairs.
HONNIF Scholarship requirements
- You must be an indigene of Kaduna state.
- Must have 5 credits in SSCE/NECO/WAEC including English and Mathematics in not more than 2 sittings.
- You must not be older than 27 years as of the time of admission into the university or Polytechnic.
What are the eligible courses for the HONNIF scholarship?
Social sciences, Biological sciences, environmental sciences, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical sciences. Education, Engineering, Physical sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Health Science & Technology, Administration, Agriculture. Other courses offered in public polytechnics and universities are also qualified to apply for the scholarship.
What are the benefits of the HONNIF scholarship?
• Selected students will get N30,000 each for the duration an academic sessions.
• The award is renewable. Although this will be based on student’s performance. University students must maintain a CGPA equivalent to Second Class, Lower Division, and Upper Credit for the polytechnics’ students.
How to apply for HONNIF Scholarship scholarship
Follow the steps below;
- Visit www.honnif.com/scholarship.htr,
- Click on “Apply Now”,
- Fill the online application form,
- Download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B (to be filled by a parent or guardian),
- Take an online test.
What are the documents required?
- 3 passport photographs (2 inches by 2 inches),
- Certificate of Kaduna state origin,
- Birth Certificate,
- JAMB result slip,
- Admission letter from JAMB (original copy),
- Proof of fees payment/faculty & departmental registration,
- Valid student ID card,
- SSCE/NECO/WAEC result slip,
- Filled Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B,
- Personal contact information (valid email and phone number),
- Alternative phone numbers,
- Next of kin contact information (email address inclusive),
- High school certificate with good academic record,
- Evidence of proficiency in written and spoken English.