British Council Internship – The British Council is presently accepting applications for a Finance Assistant Job and Internship opportunity in Nigeria from adequately qualified and exceptional people. This position is open to recent graduates with experience in the finance management field.
The British Council works with young people to help them develop the skills, confidence, and connections they need to reach their full potential and contribute to strong and inclusive communities. Through arts and culture, education, and the English language, the Council fosters relationships, understanding, and trust between people in the UK and other nations.
The British Council Internship Program’s Goals and Benefits
The incumbent will be responsible for managing and ensuring that the financial processes of all FCR programs in the justice, security, and conflict sectors are carried out in accordance with British Council and EU policies, as well as providing support to the Finance Manager and program teams to specifically support the payment and invoicing process as needed: The following are the major tasks, accountabilities, and main obligations of the appointed candidate:
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
- To assist in the timely processing of bills for specified seminars, meetings, and events in accordance with stated standards.
- Support the processing of payments and the reconciliation of records in accordance with agreed-upon timelines.
- Support the cash imprest in the Abuja office, as well as parking and the uploading of petty cash transactions to SAP.
- As ordered by the Finance Manager, audit travel, procurement, and workshop expenses, keeping and recording things in Finance Safe.
- Printing, filing, scanning, and amending financial records are all supported.
- Assist the finance staff with all payment and processing operations.
- Assist in the assumption of responsibilities to support the Program Finance team as needed and practical.
- Ensure that professionalism is displayed in one’s work environment, and that one’s behavior and emphasis reflect customer / client demands and viewpoints.
- To assist in the team’s adoption of continuous learning and improvement.
- To proactively communicate best practices and lessons learned with the rest of the EU programs team.
- To have a better understanding of the interdependencies and connections that the program office has with other organizations, as well as to manage these interactions within one’s own work area.
- To ensure that personal IT abilities are developed in order to provide more administrative support.
- Various administrative tasks.
Qualification Requirements for the British Council Internship Program
The following qualifications must be met by interested and successful applicants:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- A minimum of one year of project finance experience is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP Knowledge of making a constructive contribution to change
- Working as part of a successful team or function is a plus.
- Personal effectiveness and the capacity to concentrate on meeting deadlines.
- A thorough understanding of bookkeeping and accounting procedures, as well as a high level of concentration and the ability to spot accounting errors, are required.
- Ability to maintain and update accounting spreadsheets, journal logs, and other applicable legislation to ensure compliance with the organization’s rules and regulations.
- Ability to handle large amounts of financial data and information and be well-versed in methods of storing and retrieving it when needed.
How to Apply For British Council Internship Program
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below.
- To apply, go to British Council’s careers website
- Interested individuals should take the following procedures to apply for the position:
- Create a candidate profile by logging in.
- Search for positions and apply using your LinkedIn profile or your CV.
- If your application is accepted, you will be contacted for an initial screening, which may take the form of a phone call.
- A initial interview is the next step. If you make it this far, there may be other steps of selection, such as additional interviews, a presentation, or technical exams.
Click here for additional information.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023