The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Africa Fintech Foundry (AFF) have launched the eNaira Hackathon as part of initiatives to promote financial inclusion, promote macroeconomic growth, and integrate the Nigerian economy among the world’s leading economies.
Participants from all over the continent will be able to apply. The Hackathon will have a hybrid framework (Physical and Virtual). The actual event will take place in AFF facilities in Lagos and a CBN-designated location in Abuja.
In the following domains as their primary focus, innovators will create use cases for eNaira. Additionally, there is the choice to develop outside of these sectors [Wildcard Innovations].
- Macroeconomic Growth: Improve macroeconomic management and growth in the country and continent at large.
- Cross-Border Trade: Facilitating cross-border trades between various countries in Africa and across the ocean
- Financial Inclusion: Exploring various products that will bring banking services to the unbanked
- Monetary Policies: Exploring various solutions to efficiently manage the supply and demand of money in the country
- Improved Payments: Improving the Infrastructure for payments and ensuring little to no failures
- Improved Tax Collection: Efficiently collecting taxes for the government and ensuring debtors are easily recognised
- Improved Remittances: Improving the flow of foreign currencies into the country and ensuring it is properly recorded
- Targeted Interventions: Easily carry out interventions such as social interventions in times of crisis and ensure it gets to the citizens individually.
How To Apply
To sign up for the event, interested participants should go to the eNaira Hackathon website at https://affcbnhack.com.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com. DMCA PROTECTED.