We’re looking for dedicated campaigners to join the 2022 cohort of the ONE Champions program, which is a one-year volunteer program now in its sixth year in Nigeria. This is a volunteer program in which ONE will recruit, train, and assist 60 emerging leaders in Nigeria, ranging in age from 18 to 35, who will champion causes that ONE supports at the grassroots, state, and federal levels. To combat poverty, ONE promotes and campaigns on issues such as education, gender, health, agriculture, and transparency. The program began with 20 Champions in 2016.
ONE Champions will collaborate closely with the ONE Nigeria Country Program, lead by the Country Director, and the ONE Campaigns team to develop new and creative ways to engage politicians in order to secure policy changes and public investments to combat poverty in Nigeria.
Working alongside highly prominent, mission-driven ONE supporters in an excellent, supportive environment is a tremendous opportunity to impact your town, country, and the world. ONE Champions will be taught how to campaign, put pressure on decision-makers, and work with the media. You will be able to attend ONE event and put your talents to the test in meetings with high-level decision-makers.
About ONE Volunteer Program
ONE is a global movement working to eradicate extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can live in dignity and opportunity. We believe that fighting poverty is about justice and equality, not charity. ONE challenges governments to do more to combat extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to keep their governments accountable, whether petitioning political leaders in foreign capitals or executing cutting-edge grassroots operations. This endeavor would not be possible without the help of ONE’s supporters.
ONE Volunteer Program’s Goals and Benefits
- A terrific chance and network to make a big difference in your neighborhood and the world.
- Working in a wonderful, supportive environment with a highly visible, mission-driven organization environment.
- Grassroots campaigning and advocacy training
- Get hands-on experience with the campaigning process.
- Possibilities to interact with policymakers
- Receive ONE certificate of completion/appreciation.
- Exposure and the chance to speak at both local and international conventions on behalf of ONE
Qualification Requirements for ONE Volunteer Program
You will do the following duties in this role:
ONE Champions will have access to a variety of campaign and advocacy tools and activities, as well as support from the ONE team in designing and developing their own action plans. They will be held accountable for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, game-changers, and movers and shakers.
- Use social media to generate change and raise awareness.
- Encouraging people to participate in campaign actions both online and in person.
- Develop critical issue analysis and write-ups.
- Assist in the planning and execution of campaign actions, stunts, and events to acquire supporters.
- Assist ONE in identifying key individuals in your constituency to lobby.
Keep ONE up to date on important events in their areas and create content.
- Collaborate with our team to organize events and social media campaigns.
- Assist ONE in identifying strategic media outlets to target in order to maximize publicity.
- Assist in the mobilization of Nigerian supporters.
- Raise ONE’s profile in your neighborhood.
How to Apply
Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to ONE Champions Program.
Click here for additional information.