How to correct any mistake during NYSC online registration

In this article, you are going to learn how to correct any mistake during the NYSC online registration. So, if at any point in time, you are having issues with your NYSC online registration as a Prospective Corps Member (PCM) or you made a mistake that you wish to correct, you have finally landed on the solution page. This article covers the following.

How to correct errors in:

  1. Date of Birth,
  2. Names,
  3. Gender,
  4. Course of study,
  5. Passport,
  6. Thumb-print.

There is no doubt that PCM usually have issues regarding correction of certain mistake such as the one listed above during registration. Do not worry again, we got a solution for you. Please, follow the steps carefully so that you won’t miss out the juicy part of it.

How to correct any mistakes made during NYSC online registration

Now, let’s state from Date of Birth (DOB)

How to correct errors on Date of Birth

According to NYSC, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) is now being used to effect changes on the NYSC portal regarding Date of Birth.

READ ALSO:  Best Way to charge phones in NYSC Camp (PowerPorte)

Follow the steps below to correct Date of Birth on the NYSC online portal:

1. Login to your dashboard at the NYSC portal using your registered email and Password.

2. Click on “Date of Birth” link button.

3. Enter the WAEC results check PIN you bought from Bank or from WAEC office,

4. Select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number

5. Click on “Verify” button

4. Click “SUBMIT”.

How to correct wrong course of study

1. Login to your dashboard at the NYSC portal using your registered email and Password.

2. Click on “Correction of Course of Study” link

3. Select the right “Course of Study”

4. Click “SUBMIT”

How to Change Wrong Passports

You can easily change it if NYSC disapprove it, and ask you to upload another one.

But on the event that you just want to change, it would be a very bit difficult.

READ ALSO:  NYSC State Allowance For All States In Nigeria (2019)

According to NYSC, Prospective Corps Members who have mistakenly uploaded wrong passport photographs during Online Registration are to send their Call-up Numbers, Names, written application for dropping of passport photograph to this email address; [email protected].

Once, you do that, the wrong passport will be dropped and you will be enabled to upload another one.

How to correct wrong thumbprint mistake

Follow the same procedures as described above for wrong passport.

PCM with wrong thumbprint and passport photographs can also contact the NYSC State Secretariat in any state he/she chooses before the commencement of the orientation exercise.

How to correct errors in your Name

You are to login to your dashboard, and then request for correction of spelling mistakes and/or rearrangement of names.

Note: Those who need addition or removal of names will have to go back to their Institutions of graduation, who will in turn formally communicate such request to the NYSC.

READ ALSO:  How to do JAMB Regularization - simple procedures

Addition or Removal of names will not be attended to until your Institution follow the lay-down procedure.

This is necessary to ensure that your Certificate of National Service does not bear a wrongly spelled name.

How to correct error in gender (Sex) or state of origin

According to NYSC, you can lodge a complaint or apply for correction at the ICT unit when you get to the NYSC orientation camp.

Thanks for reading, kindly share this article. To join our Facebook page, Click Here.

Updated: April 6, 2019 — 9:33 pm

The Author


I'm a webmaster, a blogger and an internet entrepreneur by the mind. I graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, served Nigeria in 2016 as NYSC member. Feel free to contact me if you need my assistance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *