How to Solve “No Record Found” on NYSC Senate List

Are you seeing No Record Found. Contact your school for verification of the approved list” when you checked your name on the NYSC Senate List? If you are facing this, this guide will show you simple ways to fix this problem so you can smoothly join the NYSC program.

Prospective Corps Members (PCMs), often face a big problem when they try to check if their names are on the list. Instead of seeing their names, they get a message saying, “No Record Found…” This can be really annoying, especially when others are already registering online, but you can’t because of this error.

Moreover, the situation can become increasingly distressing when peers who graduated from the same institution as you have successfully found their names, leaving you continually confronted with the disheartening message of “No record found.”

How to Solve the Problem of “No Record Found” On NYSC Senate List

Below are steps to solve the problem of No record found on the NYSC Senate list:

1. Make sure you insert your correct Matriculation Number

Most Prospective Corps Members usually make this mistake. Your Matriculation Number must be correctly inserted using your school format. Different schools use different formats, i.e., 2011554020, 2011/5540/020, Esut/2011/020, etc. So, it’s your responsibility to find out the correct format your school matriculation number is written.

Also, note that the Matriculation number is not the same as the JAMB Registration number; some PCMs mistake the two. Your Matriculation number is the personal identification number that your school assigned to you as their students after admission.

2. Your Surname must be properly spelled

Some people, when they wrote JAMB, their name was not properly spelled, and they think it will change by entering or writing the correct ones when submitting their name to their school. It is most likely that the Surname as used in JAMB will be used to upload your name unless you applied for a change of name through JAMB.

3. Use Your First Name In Place of Surname

If the Surname you are using is not working, try to use your first name in place of your surname because it might be that your school is using your Surname and other names interchangeably. Try using all other names you have as Surname when checking your name on the Senate list to see if any of them will work.

4. Your Date of Birth should be correct

Make sure your Date of Birth is correctly entered. It is funny that some people suddenly change their Date of Birth while in school by merely writing what they like. Now they have graduated, they forget the one they supplied to JAMB. Please, try to remember and enter that date of Birth as used when writing your JAMB.

Note: Sometimes when you click the “year” dialogue box on the NYSC portal to enter your year of birth, the box will not be ‘clicking,’ just leave it that way and click the “Search” button after you have entered other details.

5. Contact your school

If you apply the four recommended solutions above, and you are still seeing “No record found…”, contact your school to ask them about the progress of the senate list. If they tell you that they have not submitted, then don’t bother yourself, wait patiently until they submit. But if they said that they have submitted or if some people in your school have already seen their names on the list, then implement the Number 6 solution below.

6. Go and try if you can register online

If the online registration has started, what you should do is to log in to the NYSC registration portal to try if you can register. This is because your name might have been uploaded by your school on the portal but due to some hitches on the NYSC system, you keep getting “No record found…”

So, if you proceed to register and it goes through or allows you without stopping you by displaying a message that reads as “Your Institution has not fulfilled the mandatory documents requirements” or something similar to that, just smile and continue to register.

But if it stopped you again, relax and wait for your school to upload their senate list. DO NOT panic because they will surely upload it. In other words; If you try to register online and your details appear, continue with the registration, and forget about the Senate List. But if you cannot be able to register online, go ahead to contact your school, at the Directorate of Students’ Affairs.

Right procedures to check your name on the NYSC senate list submitted by your Institution:

Under this section, we are going to give you steps on how you can check your name on the Senate List.

This post will guide you on how to verify/check your name on the NYSC Senate List for all Batches and for all Institutions.

It is very important that your name and details are found on the NYSC Senate List for if not, you won’t be able to register online at the NYSC portal.

But if your name and details are found on the Senate list, and the ‘status’ column displays a message that reads as “you can now proceed to register online” or something similar. It means that your institution has successfully forwarded your details to the NYSC and that you have fulfilled any other requirements.

How to verify your name on the Senate List

1. Go to the NYSC Senate List Portal

2. Scroll down under the “Important Information” section

3. Click on “Check Senate List or its equivalents.”

4. Select your institution’s Name.

5. Input your Matriculation Number.

6. Input your D. O. B, and.

7. Click on the “Submit” button.

If you see your name and other details, please check the “status column to know if you are eligible to register online when the NYSC portal opens.

But if you are told, “No record found, contact your Institution,” that means your name has not yet been forwarded to NYSC.

Thank you for reading, please share this message to help other people.

27 thoughts on “How to Solve “No Record Found” on NYSC Senate List”

  1. Please sir my name is on the approved senate list but when I try to do registration it shows no record found..sir what can I do to rectify the problem

  2. Pls sir,my name and details appeared in my school approved list but my jamb reg number on my details was wrong.
    What can I do now

  3. Please sir,my school mistakenly uploaded my matric number with 2012/ instead of 2015/. I went on to register with the 2012. I hope that i won’t have any problem in camp?

  4. Adenugba Oluwadamilola

    Please sir, I found my name on the senate list but on the status space it says I’ve not been matriculated
    What can I do sir?

  5. Olagbenro Emmanuel Tunde

    Yes sir,I have printed all the necessary document for nysc camp,but trying to check my name on senate list the reply is”no record found’. hope this won’t affect me at camp,because the date on my call-up letter is this Thursday.

  6. Please sir, I want to register for NYSC today because I didn’t register last month but I wasn’t able to create a profile nor log in.
    What do you think is happening sir?

  7. Please sir, I am facing this problem, if I want to register for this year nysc 2020, the system will say, you are in stream 2, however, your institution has not submitted hard copy.
    I went to my school to complain, the said the submitted everything.
    What should I do sir.

  8. Good morning sir, this issue is disturbing me I use Anthony Gloria noma in doing my jamb registration but use Anthony Gloria pls will it affect me of going for service.

  9. I’ve collected my statement of result, my name is on jamb matriculation list but my school just released senate list online yesterday night and my was is not there. Pls what’s the way forward.
    Moshood Abiola polytechnic precisely.

    1. Hello sir I can find my name on the Senate list but I can’t access the nysc portal its saying no record found what seems to be the problem sir

  10. Please admin, I want to know the defference between domicile and Lagos State land permit,are the two needed in the camp

  11. please, when my school uploaded d senate list for correction I didn’t notice my jamb registration has problem, now my school have submitted the list before I discovered that there was a I approach my sch and they told me it will be corrected…..but now am still having no records found… please do I still have hope of going with this batch?

  12. please sir, my name was in d approved list pasted on the Sch notice board, “newly added approved senate list”.. but my name is not on Nysc portal…. please what should I do?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top