Do you have an innovative idea that can help shape the inclusive education in Africa? If ‘yes’ then register for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Africa.
ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge is an initiative designed to eradicate educational barriers affecting the disabled ones.
Education access is one of the toughest barriers to inclusion for children, and adults in Africa with disabilities.
Additionally, this very situation has been amplified by the Covid19 pandemic.
Individuals and organisations with proof of concept (PoC), or innovative ideas with the underlisted criteria can apply.
- Currently developing an application or device that can be useful to inclusive education.
- Have technological idea in raising awareness for inclusive education.
- Have a developed technology that can be relevant to inclusive education.
- Any team or individual, disability activist, entrepreneur, technologist, student, Chang maker.
- Must have attain the working age grade in the country of residence (18 years and above).
- Permanently resides in Africa, or stays abroad but works with an organization in Africa.
- Employees or relatives of anyone working with GIZ or Atos are not to apply.
- Existing solutions to inclusive education will not be accepted.
Prizes For the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Africa Edition
The prizes that will be given to participants are exceptional.
The top three (3) participants will be mentored for three months, and received cash prize.
- First position will receive €6,500.
- Second position will receive €2,500.
- Third position will receive €1,000
How to Apply for ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Africa Edition
Interested persons, or group of persons (organizations) should submit their ideas here.
Timeline of the Challenge
15th of September, 2021: Submission of ideas.
16th to 30th of September, 2021: Evaluation of submissions, after which eight (8) teams will be selected.
25th of October to 5th of November, 2021: Virtual bootcamp. Ideas will be worked on in the midst of mentors.
30th of November, 2021: Pitching. Presentation of innovative solution to the assigned jury.
3rd of December, 2021: Awards will be presented to winners in a live event.
Application Closing Date
The deadline for submission of ideas is on the 15th of September, 2021.
For more enquiry, kindly visit the official portal of ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Africa.
You can share this information with Friends and Relatives through social media platforms.