The Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge welcomes applications from entrepreneurs who want to integrate agrobiodiversity solutions into the agri-food sector. The goal of the challenge is to help innovators develop innovative products, services, and best practices that use agrobiodiversity to revolutionize food systems. It will bring together the most innovative solutions for using, conserving, and consuming agrobiodiversity in ways that are better for people and the environment. this post shows you how to apply for IFAD Agrobiodiversity Challenge 2021.
The IFAD Agrobiodiversity Challenge 2021. will take place with the 2nd International Agrobiodiversity Congress, which will take place from November 15 to 18, 2021. Farmers, technical experts, policymakers, and corporate executives from around the world will convene for a free global virtual event to explore and improve agrobiodiversity.
Criteria for Applicants
Entrepreneurs, private companies, or organizations responsible for an invention with proven efficiency employing novel technologies, products, or services to improve and promote sustainable food and agriculture are eligible to apply. Read how to apply for Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2021.
- Application deadline is September 30, 2021.
- The ten contestants who have been shortlisted will be notified by email. Shortlisted candidates will be instructed how to write descriptions and pitches that will be submitted to the Congress site.
- At the 2nd International Agrobiodiversity Congress, all applicants will be welcomed to attend and network.
- On Monday, November 15th, the ten finalists will be asked to compete in the Pitch Day Competition. Contestants must deliver a final pitch and take part in a Q&A session with the Selection Committee, investors, partners, and a worldwide audience.
- On November 15th, a prize will be given to the five winning concepts.
- The winning inventions will also be notified through email, and they must react in order to claim the reward. If awardees do not respond within seven (7) days after being notified, the Secretariat maintains the right to award the reward to another applicant.
Benefits and Awards for IFAD Agrobiodiversity Challenge 2021.
During a reception at the Congress, awards will be presented. The Director General of the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT, as well as a high-ranking representative of the Italian government, will present the prizes. The Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge will award monetary and in-kind rewards to chosen winners.
5,000 USD will be given to each of the topmost two innovators based on their level of brilliance and creativity (IFAD)
Help in fine-tuning business models and building business strategies, as well as science and corporate development resources.
Collaborating with a CGIAR scientist or group to provide innovation direction and feedback—(CGIAR/ Alliance, IIT)
Making a Shark Tank/Den-style Dragon’s pitch to IFAD country teams to see if there are any prospects to match for product development and/or scalability (IFAD)
Post-award support as tools, technical help, strategic guidance, technological due diligence, coaching, and connection to a worldwide community of scientists and field activities to test and scale innovations will be provided in kind — (IIT, CGIAR/Alliance)
Training and Tuition
Three successful ideas (teams or individuals) will earn two full scholarships worth USD 25,000 each, as well as one supplemental full tuition scholarship for enrolment in the CIHEAM Bari Master I Level Open Innovation & Youth Entrepreneurship programme—(CIHEAM Bari)
The final award distributions will be revealed on September 30, 2021.
How to Apply for IFAD Agribiodiversity Challenge 2021
Interest innovators should submit their applications on the IFAD Agribiodiversity Challenge 2021 website before September 30 2021.