Do you know that NYSC personal project can pave a way for automatic employment after your service year? Here, I will show you the list of NYSC award winning personal CDS projects to carry out.
Aside the weekly and general Community Development Service (CDS) activities, you can carry out a personal CDS project. See best NYSC CDS groups to join as a Corps member.
CDS is an acronym for Community Development Service. It is one of the four cardinal programmes of National Youth Service Corps. The main reason for CDS is to enable Corps Members to contribute positively to their host communities.
Some personal CDS projects carry awards such as, local government award, state government award and presidential award. Each of these awards is very important, and it can help you get automatic employment or boost your CV.
List of NYSC award winning personal CDS projects
Below is the list of NYSC award winning personal CDS projects you should consider;
1. Donation of books and writing material to Primary and Secondary School Library.
2. Construction or Rehabilitation of Bore Hole in the host Community of Service.
3. Free medical tests and immunization
4. Taking on pro-bono cases (If you are a lawyer or sponsoring one)
5. Supply of crops, fertilizers and farm tools to farmers in your community.
6. Organizing skill acquisition training for youths and women for free.
7. Payment of WAEC, NECO enrollment fees for bright but poor students in your community
8. Embark on a health sensitization scheme like HIV awareness, Malaria control, etc.
9. Free distribution of medical aids: dettol distribution, mosquito nets, setting up of wash hand basins in every class of every school, etc.
10. Construction of road signs and road directions for motorists to easily navigate their way around the community.
11. Donation of clothing, and/or food materials to orphanage homes.
12. Construction or Renovation of Corpers accommodations, classroom or hostel.
13. Organizing Youth Programs or Quiz competitions among students in your community and reward the best.
14. Construction of Public Toilet in remote locations in the community.
15. Organize a sports competition for the less privilege in the community and reward the best.
16. Construction of solar street lights.
17. Organizing seminars/workshop for students on career/ free counseling.