Malala Girls Program provides girls with the resources they need to advocate for education and equality in their communities, as well as a platform to share their stories with the rest of the world. Malala Fund fights for every girl’s right to a free, safe, and high-quality education for 12 years.
Malala Fund is creating a world where girls have the agency to overcome the challenges that stand in the way of their ambitions by supporting youth activists, investing in local organizations, and amplifying the voices of young women. The Malala Fund Girls Program is now accepting submissions for its most recent funding cycle.
Our funding assists feminist and women-led campaigns, groups, and organizations that work to eliminate barriers that keep girls and young women from finishing their education. Grants vary from $75,000 to $100,000 and can be used for general operational assistance or projects for a period of one to three years.
Criteria for Eligibility
Those who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply to the Malala Fund:
- In Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, or Tanzania, you are a non-governmental organization (NGO), community-based organization (CBO), or movement.
- Because of systemic disparities, discrimination, and oppression, your work aids girls and young women aged 10 to 24 who are unable to exercise their agency and fulfill their rights.
- Except in India, where we require national and Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration as well as an organizational bank account to receive foreign financing, you do not need to be formally registered to receive funding.
- You identify as a feminist and/or a women-led group or are working to do so. The Malala Fund defines feminism as the pursuit of equal rights and opportunities for all genders and the dismantling of oppressive structures — but it recognizes that feminism varies depending on context and circumstance, and it welcomes all feminist movements, groups, and organizations. Women-led businesses are those that are owned, operated, and controlled by one or more women at least 51 percent of the time.
- For at least a year, our movement, organization, or group has been in existence.
- You have a budget of less than $150,000 USD per year. Note that if your annual budget exceeds $150,000 USD, Malala Fund will still examine your application, however those with budgets under this amount will be given priority.
How to Apply
See here for additional information and to apply for money from the Malala Fund Girl Programme. Bangla, English, Hausa, Hindi, Portuguese, Swahili, and Urdu are among the languages supported by the form. By early March 2022, the Malala Fund will inform applicants of its funding decisions.
For further information, go to theofficial page.