N-Power Batch C online portal to officially open next week

Fresh enrolment for N-Power Batch C beneficiaries will officially commence next week.

This was made known on Friday by the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq.

She said that the current Batch A and B N-Power beneficiaries will exit the scheme on June 30 and July 31 respectively.

The programme has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries so far, 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which started in August 2018.

According to the federal government, the beneficiaries were supposed to spend 24 months on the programme but Batch A beneficiaries have spent over 40 months.

The Minister in her statement, said that the federal government has commenced the transitioning of the Batch A and B beneficiaries into government entrepreneurship schemes.

SEE ALSO:  FG set to increase number of N-Power beneficiaries from 500,000

She said: “We have commenced the transitioning of beneficiaries from Batches A & B into government entrepreneurship schemes and engaging private sector bodies to absorb some of the beneficiaries after the completion of psychometric assessment to determine competency and placement into various opportunities.

“The Federal government is committed to the continuation and expansion and as such will now begin enrolment and onboarding of a new Batch of beneficiaries.

“In view of these, the Ministry has announced that Batch A will exit June 30, 2020 and Batch B will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.

SEE ALSO:  NPower WhatsApp Group Link For 2020/2021 Recruitment

“The online portal would be open to receive applications from noon on June 26, 2020 and will provide a level playing field for all applicants.

“As part of the Ministry’s reforms to make the programme more efficient, all applicants must supply their Bank Verification Number (BVN) in their application to ensure a streamlined and transparent selection process.

“Applications will be conducted using a hybrid system of enrolment to ensure that all Nigerians are given an opportunity to participate. As a Ministry that caters for the vulnerable, we will also make special considerations for Persons living with disabilities.”

SEE ALSO:  Kwara closes schools indefinitely over coronavirus

The ministry further explained that once applications are submitted, it will review submissions and publish a list of successful applicants.

It also stated that comprehensive details for the new batch will be announced in the coming weeks.

It however noted that past beneficiaries will not be eligible to participate in the application process.

The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.

The Author

Comrade Nnadi Goodluck

Comrade Nnadi Goodluck started writing since 2007. In 2016, he graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra with a Degree in Educational Management and Policy/Health Education. He did his NYSC in Oyo state.

27 Comments

Add a Comment
  1. Oluchi Kufre Bernard

    Please sir,I can’t open my dashboard sir.what will be do thanks

  2. Good morning I wish to apply for this N pewor

  3. Pls update me on d latest inf.

    1. Plz notify me on the latest update, in the NPower. I want to apply for the Npower

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *