The Federal Government (FG) has released conditions for reopening of schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, listed the conditions in Abuja at the 2020 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) virtual policy meeting.
According to Nwajiuba, the conditions for school reopening are as follows;
All institutions must have;
1) Hand-washing facilities,
2) Body temperature checks (infrared thermometers)
3) Body disinfectants at all entering points to their major facilities including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc.
4) The whole premises of each institution must be decontaminated, and
5) All efforts must be geared toward maintenance of the highest level of hygiene,
6) Ensure Social and Physical Distancing in class sizes and meeting spaces.
The minister, however, warned schools against reopening without the Federal Government’s authorisation.
Conditions for reopening of NYSC camp
The conditions for reopening of NYSC Orientation Camp have not been given. Meanwhile, the NYSC Director-General, Shuaibu Ibrahim has submitted a proposal for camp reopening.
But the big problem at hand is that the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo has suggested that NYSC Orientation Camp should remain closed for the next two years to cut government spending.