By Comrade Nnadi Goodluck
The FG has announced plans to increase the number of N-Power beneficiaries from its current 500,000.
This was disclosed on Friday by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo during his participation as a guest panelist in the Emmanuel Chapel’s “Economic Sustainability Beyond COVID-19” webinar.
Recall that Osinbajo also announced the same plans February last year, during a visit to the palace of Owa Obokun Adimula of Ijesaland, Oba Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran.
He said last year that the Federal Government will increase the beneficiaries of N-Power scheme from its present 500,000 to 1.5 million.
He said on Friday: “The Buhari administration intends to increase the number of those that are being directly engaged through the N-Power scheme, which has so far engaged over 500,000 young Nigerians.”
The VP also said that the health sector will benefit N126bn out of the N500bn initial stimulus fund included in the 2020 Budget.
He added that despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic globally, the present regime would not relent in its efforts towards improving the country’s healthcare infrastructure and economy.
The VP said that the FG will create jobs for millions of Nigerians in different sectors, supporting small businesses, local production, and manufacturing, as well as extending the social safety net for the most vulnerable in the society.