Bear in mind that the National Council of Arts and Culture (NCAC) recruitment form is not yet out for those who would want to partake in the program or aspire to work as a staff member. The purpose of bringing this to you is to update you with the necessary requirements and how to apply for the job.
Prepare your mind towards registering as soon as NCAC form is out. We will update you, but keep on bookmarking this page as you get the latest update daily.
About National council for arts and cultural recruitment
NCAC is the federal government organ saddle with the responsibility of coordination, development and promotion of the living art and culture of Nigeria on the national and international stage.
It was founded on the decree No. 3 of 1975, which was later amended by the decree No. 3 of 1987. In reflection to it establishment, the council are responsible in doing the following:
- To plan and coordinate cultural activities aimed at promoting the development of Nigeria’s literary, visual, and performing arts.
Coordination of national cultural activities and events among the federation’s 36 members, including federal capital territories (FCT).
Raise awareness about skill development and youth empowerment through the cultural industry.
To develop and promote the arts and crafts industry through specialized exhibitions and expos.
Requirements for NCAC recruitment
- Applicants must have either BSc, HND, OND or NCE depending on the position applying for which result must be from a well recognize institution.
- Any additional certificate either postgraduate or professional certificate will be of advantage.
- NYSC discharge or Exception certificate
- West African School Certificate (WAEC) with at least three (3) credits, including English, and at least two (2) passes in two (2) other subjects.
- 5. Candidates must have a National Examination Council (NECO) pass in four (4) subjects in one sitting or five (5) subjects in two sittings, including English.
- Obtaining a valid means of identification like National identification card, driver license, International passport, voters cards.
- You must be computer literate, or be able to use basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internal and external geographical mobility in Nigeria
How to apply for NCAC recruitment
Mistakes to avoid while applying
It is obvious that many have thought about why they were not shortlisted for some of these opportunities and have put the blame on the government. Sometimes it’s either a mistake made by the applicant when filling out the form, or a person who is not qualified for it. However,
these are some mistakes to avoid while applying:
- Submit your application on time; do not procrastinate or wait until the deadline.
- Carry out the application process on your own.
- Don’t just send your information to someone to do it on your behalf.
- Check your information twice before submitting it.
- Apply for a single position to avoid not being shortlisted if you find multiple positions.
- Fill out all of the required information because you are not the only one applying for the same job.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the application.
Update for Shortlisted Applicants This point is
called for preparation for your dream job once shortlisted and a time to hold the job after a well-done interview. However, do the following when shortlisted:
- Be sure you obtain the necessary information about the company.
- Understand why you are applying for the job and how you will fit into the position.
- Double-check your application.
- Be easy-going during the interview. Do not be too hard.
- To avoid inferiority conflict, have a mock test with your friend or practice speaking to the mirror.
- You should expect an interview invitation via email or application.
- Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything, mostly when it has to do with work profile, start date and stipend.
- Once the offer letter has been fully confirmed, send a thank you note to your employer via email.