The Nigerian Defence Acadmy is currently accepting applications from qualified and interested individuals into its Post Graduate Programme. This article provides you with all the information you will require, such as Admission Requirement and others. Keep reading the post till the end.
About The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) is a military academy in Kaduna, Nigeria that prepares officer cadets for commissioning into one of the Nigerian Armed Forces’ three services: the Army, the Navy, or the Air Force. Training at the Nigerian Defence Academy lasts five years (four academic years and one military year).
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was founded on February 5, 1964, in response to independent Nigeria’s defense demands, to train officers for the Nigerian Armed Forces. Previously, the college was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). Following Nigeria’s independence in 1960, it was renamed the Nigerian Military Training College.
The Academy’s role is to provide each officer cadet with the information, abilities, and ideals required of a military officer through military, academic, and character development. In essence, the NDA is a training facility for selected young able-bodied men and women to become well-educated, courageous, virile, and erudite subalterns.
Admission into PG Programmes
A candidate seeking admission into any postgraduate programme of the NDA must:
• Purchase and complete the application form and submit same to the Postgraduate School, within the time
and in the manner specified in the advertisement;
• Submit along with the application form, copies of all relevant credentials as specified in the
• Submit the names of three referees, two of whom must be in a position to provide academic information on
the suitability of the candidate to pursue the proposed course;
• Ensure that the referees return the reports directly to the Postgraduate School;
• Ensure that the transcripts of his/her academic records reach the Postgraduate School within the
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
• Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must possess a Bachelor degree from the Nigcrian Defence Academy or any other recognized University;
• Higher National Diploma (with a minimum of Lower Credit pass), provided the academy matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- A candidate seeking admission into the Master’s degree Programme shall be a graduate of the Nigeria Defence Academy or any other recognized University and possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
- A candidate with a minimum of GPA not less than 4.0 (on a scale of5) grade at postgraduate diploma from the Academy may also be admitted to Masters Degree programmme or GPA of 3 .50 or 8 grade for a professional Masters Degree programme.
MPhil/PhD Degree Programme
This programme is available to candidates who score less than CGPA of3.5 (but not below 3.2) on a 5-point scale or an equivalent of60%. The programme is full-time and runs for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 months. MPhil/PhD candidates arc expected to write and submit a dissertation at the end of the programme. Candidates with satisfactory performance at the end of MPhil programme may be upgraded to PhD.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
A candidate for PhD degree must possess a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class Honours, Lower Division) and an academic Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum CG PA of 3.50 or B grade in appropriate area of study from Nigerian Defence Academy or any other reorganized university.
How To Apply
To access the application form, kindly visit the Nigerian Defence Academy’s official website on https://nda.edu.ng/school-of-postgraduate-studies/