Are you interested in joining the Nigeria Police Force? Is your answer is yes then, the Nigeria police has announced its recruitment for constables in 2022, with the PSC recruiting portal opening on August 15, 2022.
In accordance with Section 153(m) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution, the Police Service Commission (PSC) is a Federal Executive Body (as amended).
The Commission has the authority to appoint other persons to offices in the police force as are necessary for the effective and efficient performance of the functions of the police force on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Commission, in accordance with Section 14 of the Nigeria Police Act, 2020 and Paragraph 30(A) of the 3rd Schedule, Part 1 of the Constitution.
The Commission seeks applications from qualified, energetic, and eligible young Nigerians for recruitment as constables in the Nigeria Police Force in accordance with its constitutional mandate (Recruits).
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess a National Identification Number (NIN) b) Not less than 18 years or more than 25 years of age (as of 1st January 2022 and 31st December 2022)
- Not less than 1.67 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 86 cm (34 inches) for men only
- Be certified by a Government Medical
- Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment
- Not suffering from any form of mental or physical disability
- Be free from any financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence
- Must present verifiable references from any two (2) of the following persons: Traditional Rulers, Magistrates, Local Government Chairmen, Heads of Educational Institutions Attended, Career Civil Servants not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officers not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officers not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB results with at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
How To Apply
You need the following in order to apply for this:
- A working email address (Note that this email shall be used for most official correspondence with applicants during the course of the exercise)
- National Identifying Code (NIN)
- Latest passport photo, SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB scores, and birth certificate as softcopies (scanned)
Log on to www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng with the aforementioned softcopies, then complete these steps:
- Click Apply on the homepage, then enter your email and selected password to register (Use a password you can remember)
- To verify and activate your account, open your email and click the link inside.
- After activating your account, log in using your email address and password.
- Update your profile, upload all required files, and use the phone number associated with your NIN (if any)
- Before submitting the final version, check the provided information to make sure there are no errors.
- If you are chosen for this step, you will receive an email confirmation of your application, which you will need to print off and bring with you to the location of the physical screening.
- Additionally, the email will provide a link to your profile so you can print your information whenever it’s convenient for you.
NOTE: There is no cost associated with this police constable recruitment exercise. (Candidates are not compelled to pay.)
The application portal, www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng, has a six-week deadline. The Portal will open on August 15, 2022, and close on September 26, 2022.
This information was first published on nyscinfo.com DMCA PROTECTED.