The Nigerian Jubilee Fellows Programme’s (NJFP) official application portal has be opened by the federal government of Nigerian. The portal was opened yesterday, 31st August 2021, and registration will continue till October 2021. In this article, we will provide answers to the most frequently asked important questions about the programme in other to settle whatever conflicts you may be having in your mind.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most frequently asked questions and answers about Nigerian Jubilee Fellows Programme:
1. Who Is Eligible To Apply?
Ans: Recent Nigerian graduates who completed their studies at a university or other postsecondary institution at the appropriate level no earlier than 2017. You must be under the age of 30. The obligatory NYSC must have been fulfilled.
2. What is the duration of the fellowship programme?
Ans: 12 months/1year
3. Is this a full-time job opportunity?
Ans: No, the work placement is a 12-month employment opportunity that allows the jubilee fellow to develop ‘on-the-job’ skills and work experience in order to improve their employability and job market competitiveness.
4. After the 12-month work placement, what should you do next?
- At the conclusion of their active participation in the fellowship, the Jubilee Fellow has three distinct options.
- Exceptional Jubilee Fellows may be hired by their host organisations.
- Fellows who are interested in entrepreneurship will have gained essential skills and knowledge on the job that will help them seek other options.
- Fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment possibilities with freshly acquired on-the-job skills and competencies, experience, exposure, and a formidable alumni network that can be leveraged.
5. Where will I be employed?
Ans: Organizations in the private sector, research institutions, the governmental sector, and development agencies
6. Do I have a say in which organisation I’m assigned to?
Ans: No, you’ll be paired with someone.
7. Do I have the option of choosing my favourite location for my work placement?
Ans: Yes, but it’s not a given.
8. Is this a remunerated position?
Ans: Yes. Fellows will be paid a stipend on a monthly basis.
9. I have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC. Is it possible for me to apply?
Ans: Yes, you certainly can.
10. What is the Jubilee Fellows Program in Nigeria?
Ans: The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Program is a 12-month on-the-job youth empowerment cooperation effort between the Nigerian Federal Government and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). In light of rising worldwide unemployment and underemployment, the Fellowship aims to close the gap between young graduates and employers’ human resource needs on the job market by linking talented Nigerian youngsters with local job possibilities.
11. What distinguishes the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme from other youth empowerment programmes?
Ans: We understand how difficult it is to find work in Nigeria as a recent graduate with no prior work experience. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) provides highly qualified Nigerians with little or no job experience with opportunities to work at some of the most sought-after private sector firms on the market. Other programmes and initiatives tend to demand applicants to meet some sort of advanced criterion or lower the entry bar in terms of the types of opportunities accessible. NJFP achieves the exact opposite, accepting talented applicants on an equal footing without jeopardising the reputation of the organisations that will host successful Fellows. Oh, and the initiative will be available throughout Nigeria, from north to south, east to west, allowing organisations and youth from all regions to join.
12. What are the advantages of joining the NJFP for an organisation?
- It saves Cost
There are no HR agencies, advertising costs, or salary costs because there are no HR agencies, advertising costs, or a lengthy triple-round interview process. You’re covered by the NJFP.
Productivity increases – Access to a large pool of highly skilled people with cutting-edge talents that are relevant to your organisation and can help you boost productivity.
Improved brand perception – Increasing your corporate social responsibility efforts and demonstrating a commitment to giving back to the community by participation in the programme can help to build a positive brand image for your company.
- Expanded network
You will become a member of the NJFP network of national and regional corporate and public sector organisations, as well as have access to a larger pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian experts.
Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform conversations on education, employment, and associated industrial policy concerns, resulting in increased policy impact.
Portal for NJFP registration
NJFP registration takes place on the NJFP’s official website. You must first register with your personal information and bio-data before applying for the NJFP programme. Follow the steps outlined below to apply for Nigerian Jubilee Fellows Programme.
How to Become a Nigerian Jubilee Fellow
On September 6, 2021, the NJFP Application Form will be available. On the official njfp portal, the application form will be available. All eligible applicants must create an account, log in, and fill out the application online.
NJFP Application Deadline: The deadline for the NJFP application for 2021 is October 20th, 2021.
Stay informed: To stay up to date on the NJFP Recruitment 2021, simply return to this page and bookmark it.