The Honorable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya U. Farouq has flagged off the National Orientation Agency (NOA) training for the Government Enterprise Empowerment Program (GEEP). For proper implementation and execution, there is a need for the NOA Staff Training for GEEP to take place.
There are four (4) National Social Investment Programs (NSIP) set up by the President Buhari led administration, of which Government Enterprise Empowerment Program (GEEP) is one of them. Others are Npower, Home grown school feeding program (HGSF), and the Conditional cash transfer program (CCT).
GEEP is an initiative set up by the Federal Government (FG), through the ministry of Humanitarian Affairs. It is solely introduced to give out interest-free loans to vulnerable Nigerians.
Collateral is not demanded for, as long as the beneficiaries fall beneath the economic pyramid, such as disabled persons.
Right from introducing NSIP programs, NOA is one of the featured partners. Read also: 5 Things to Know About NSIP Independent Monitors
The Officers (Staff) of the GEEP program will be trained across the 36 States of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory. They are to serve as the “Desk Officers” in all seven hundred and seventy-four (774) local government areas (LGAs) in the country.
NOA Staff Training For GEEP And Their Expected Roles
The expected roles of the Desk Officers are as follows;
- Give orientation to communities regarding the program.
- Get interested beneficiaries of FarmerMoni, TradeMoni, and MarketMoni registered.
- Give feedback to coordinators at State and Federal levels.
- Record necessary data for the program.
- Keep to the program’s mandate and abide by the oath of office.
- Ensure active participation of beneficiaries.
- Show all form of honesty in discharging assigned obligations.
kindly share this post with Friends and Relatives by clicking on the share button. You can as well do so on other social media platforms.