The Management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) led by Shuibu Ibrahim, has said it would soon begin the accreditation of Cyber Cafe Operators for NYSC online registrations. In the past, there used to be accreditation centres, but in recent time, those centres ceased to exist, but now the scheme is working round the clock to bring back the accreditation centres Nationwide. This means that prospective Corps cannot register for NYSC program outside the approved Cyber Cafe.
According to NYSC management, Cyber Cafe Operators are its major stakeholders as they provide numerous online services on NYSC portal to both prospective corps members and serving corps members.
The NYSC are to provide periodic training for accredited Cyber cafe operators to educate them on new features on the NYSC online portal.
Why NYSC Wants Accredited Cyber Cafe operators
- To bring sanity in the NYSC registration process.
- Encourage Cyber Cafe operators to work as partners with the NYSC scheme.
- Eradicate fake Cyber Cafe operators.
- Ensure effective monitoring of registration centres.
- Promote error-free online registration for prospective corps members.
How to Register for NYSC Accreditation
- Visit NYSC portal via https://nysc.gov.ng/.
Upload requirements documents as stipulated by the Scheme.
Complete and submit the Cyber Cafe Operators Agreement.
Once the steps are successfully completed, NYSC will issue provisional registration to the Cyber Café Operators, pending inspection of centres’ premises.
How much is for NYSC Cyber Cafe Accreditation
- Expression-of-Interest fee is N5,000.
- New Registration fee is N20,000
- Annual Renewal of Accreditation fee is N16,000.
Kindly note that Cyber Cafe Operators are NOT to charge over Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) for services rendered to Prospective Corps members.
Requirements For NYSC Cyber Cafe Accreditation
- Name of Business Owner
- Name of Business
- CAC Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation
- CAC Certificate
- Address of Cyber Cafe
- Functional email address and phone number
- Photo of Business Centre (Interior)
- State, LGA, Town.
Approval Of Application
NYSC will review all applications submitted and approve or disapprove accordingly. This doesn’t take too much time.
Cyber cafe operator with successful application would receive email that reads; “Congratulations, your Application is successful”. This will be followed with further instructions for the next action. Those without successful application would also receive an email stating reason for disapproval.
- Cyber cafe operators who do not have the NYSC Permanent Access Code cannot access NYSC portal either for registration or correction of data.
- NYSC Permanent Access Code validity period is One (1) Year.
- NYSC will produce an Accreditation Certificate and forward it via email to all successful accredited cyber cafe.
- For further enquiry, please send email to email@example.com or WhatsApp message to +2349010008301.