NYSC redeployment or relocation is a process of reposting a corps member to another state different from initial deployed state based on health, marital or security ground. In this post, we will show you how to apply for the National Youth Service redeployment.
It can be heartbreaking to receive the NYSC Call up letter, and discover that you’ve been deployed/posted to a state you never want to go. But fortunately, opportunity to apply for re-deployment is open to every corps member.
For any reason you may have to seek for redeployment, PCMs need to ensure they follow the right procedures, so they can be successfully redeployed to another state.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
Redeployment is real, but you can only be redeployed based on health, marital or security ground.
Acceptable reasons for NYSC redeployment
NYSC redeployment is done on three(3) grounds;
In order for NYSC to approve your redeployment application, it must be based on any of the three (3) reasons explain below.
This is restricted to only States prone terrorism or herdsmen attack, such states include; Borno, Adamawa, Benue, Jos, etc. If you’re posted to any state that has security challenges, your redeployment to another state is 100% sure if you apply. Please, note that NYSC will no approve redeployment on security ground if the state you want to redeploy from is relatively peaceful.
2. Marital Reasons
This is restricted to only married female corps member who wish to serve at the same place their husbands reside. To secure redeployment based on this ground, you need to provide the following documents to convince NYSC that you are truly a married woman;
- Marriage certificate
- Newspaper change of Name
- Husband’s ID card (International passport, Voters’ card or Driving licence)
- Husband’s domicile letter
- Utility bill
- Wedding pictures
3. Health Reasons
This is restricted to those that have chronic ailments that need regular medical check-up by a Doctor. To successful secure redeployment based on this reason, you need to get a Medical Report from goverment hospital stating the nature of your ailments.
Tips to secure a successful NYSC redeployment
- If you’re applying on medical ground, make sure you get a medical report from a general hospital or military clinic. This is because NYSC is more likely not to acknowledge medical report from a private hospital.
- The medical reports are usually dated, so the older the date, the more serious NYSC officials will take it.
- If the report is dated few days after you have printed your Call-up letter, it might raise suspicion about your reason for redeployment. For example, if your Call-up letter is printed on 22nd March and your Medical report is dated on 28th March. The officials will be like, “See this Badoo”.
- When you arrive at the NYSC camp, after completing your physical registration, move straight to the camp clinic with your medical report to begin the processing immediately.
- NYSC cannot redeploy you to your State of origin, especially those applying based on security reasons. They are likely to post you to another state; Lagos and Abuja is NO go area because of congestion.
- For those applying based on Marital reason, you will get exactly the State your husband live.
Now, back to those that would apply based on Health/Medical reason; you may not get your state of origin or state you want. But in most cases, NYSC will post you to where they feel you will get the needed medical attention.
Which illness does NYSC consider for redeployment on medical reasons?
It has to be any disease that needs close medical attention by your doctor. Although, some people will claim to have a certain disease just to secure the NYSC redeployment.
But if you claim to have a disease, bear in mind that the information would go into your file for life. But if you still don’t mind, claim wisely.
Study the illness very well and always be ready to fake when there’s need for it. We wouldn’t advise you to fake because the officials to check you have been in the system for a long time before you. They know how to catch fake.
The most common illnesses that people claim to have are manageable that is why they wouldn’t get redeployment. For example, if you claim that you have Asthma. Just know that Asthma is manageable, and can be managed by any hospital, so the NYSC officials would post you near a health care facility instead of redeploying you.
Our advice is, DO NOT claim an illness that you don’t really have because NYSC redeployment. But iI you don’t want to adhere to advice, claim chronic ailment that is very difficult to diagnose and requires close monitoring by your doctor. If you are caught, don’t call my name!
To my friends who have genuine health conditions, take along with you, your medications, hospital appointment cards and medical report from a government hospital.
NYSC officials are not fools
During online registration, you entered genuine information, showing that you don’t have any physical or health challenge. But after deployment, surprisingly you show up in camp with a medical report to secure the NYSC redeployment, not knowing that officials would go through the information submitted during registration.bSo, for those of you that still want to claim illnesses, bear that in mind when filling the online registration form.
Finally, be a good citizen of Nigeria. DO NOT claim an illness that you don’t have, and DO NOT pay anybody for posting or redeployment.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023