Are you a Corps member looking for ways to add to your monthly stipend or who might have been wondering how to fund your dream business? Welcome to the NYSC Trust Fund (NYSCTF) registration portal.
The major reason for the creation of the NYSC Trust Fund is to help Corps members by providing fund to establish them above the N33,000 they are receiving while serving their country.
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Shuaibu Ibrahim, has explained that the Trust Fund would bring the reality of the Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurial Development (SAED) practice during the service year.
Nyscinfo learnt that the fund will also serve as a loan to help graduates who have gone far NYSC to implement what they have learnt during the practical class or assist the Corps Members in implementing the skill thought before service.
NYSC Trust Fund will provide the following
- A sustainable source of funding for NYSC,
- Skill acquisition training and provision of startup capital to corps members,
- Train and retrain the personnel of the NYSC,
- Develop camps and NYSC formations, and provide facilities therein.
The fund will also be used to fund the monthly allowances needed by Corps members and sponsor the Community Development Service (CDS) of the NYSC.
Kindly note that NYSCTF is not a free gift; it is a loan that you ought to pay back. One of the requirements to access the fund is that the applicant must be a Corps member.
Requirements for NYSC Trust Fund
For a well-prepared applicant, you must have some documents at hand, which include:
- A workable business plan.
- Government Identification card.
- NYSC ID Card.
- A guarantor who must be at least level 7 civil servant, such as a banker, medical doctor, lawyer, clergyman, accountant, elected public servant, etc.
Collateral for NYSC Trust Fund loan
The collateral for the loan is your NYSC Certificate. This means that an undertaking will be signed by the State Directorate not to release the certificate until the loan is settled.
NYSC Trust Fund Registration Portal