The Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund, in collaboration with KPMG, Andersen, and Leadway Assurance Company Limited, is seeking suitable applicants for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme (SBSP).
The fellowship is named after Seyi Bickersteth, who worked for KPMG in Nigeria as a Senior Partner from 2002 to 2016 and as Chairman of KPMG Africa from 2014 to 2016. After retiring, he served on several boards, including Leadway Assurance and Andersen Africa, where he was the Regional Managing Partner and Chairman.
About Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund
Seyi Bickersteth was more than a leader; he was a mentor and a teacher who cared deeply about the growth of those around him, which is why an educational fund has been established in his honour.
Scholarships and bursaries are extremely important, and the difference they can make in the lives of students, their families, and future generations cannot be overstated.
The information required for most scholarship applications has been harmonised by Scholastica. This alleviates the strain of having to fill out fresh applications each time a scholarship is announced. All you have to do now is press the apply button.
Scholastica also informs registered candidates about potential scholarships as well as the progress of their current applications. This allows you to concentrate on your studies while we handle your scholarship application.
Seyi Bickersteth Undergraduate Scholarship Goals and Benefits
- Annually, the program’s beneficiaries will get a scholarship stipend of N400, 000. Aside from the scholarship, recipients will also receive:
- Internships are available over the summer vacation or while they are on National Industrial Attachment.
- Opportunities for mentorship and exposure.
- Candidates who graduate with a First Class or Second Class Upper Division degree will be entitled to work at any of the three firms (KPMG, Leadway Assurance, or Andersen) after graduation.
Qualifications for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund
- A minimum of five distinctions (As and Bs) on their WASSCE (including English and Mathematics).
- The results of a student’s SSCE cannot be older than two years.
- A 230 on the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination is required (UTME).
- Candidates must be accepted into a Nigerian Federal University.
- A four-year study in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, insurance, or actuarial sciences is required of candidates.
- Students who have just been accepted into the 100 level of their studies at the time of application are eligible for the Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Program. The award is offered to students who attended either public or private secondary schools in Nigeria (where the student received scholarship to attend)
- Only students who are not currently enrolled in a scholarship programme are eligible to apply.
- Application Documents Applicants must submit scanned versions of the following documents as part of their application:
- A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant in JPEG format, 200 kilobytes.
- Admission letter from a university or the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB);
- Result of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME); O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s), if applicable;
How to Apply for Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund
If you’re interested and qualified, please fill out the form below.
- To apply, go to candidate.scholastica.ng on Scholastica.
- Select the “Apply Now” tab.
- To establish an account, click “Register Now.”
- To verify your account, go to your email box.
- To return to the Scholarship site, go to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021.
- To submit your information, enter your registered email address and password.
- Supply in your personal information, NIN (if applicable), educational information, and other details, as well as any scanned documents that are required.
- Ensure that the names used in apps are in the same order as the names on all documentation. If necessary, include a sworn affidavit or certificate.
- After you’ve uploaded all of your documents, double-check that they’re clear and accurate.
- Upload a passport photo with a white background when encouraged to do so.
- To avoid mistakes, double-check the application’s details.
- To submit information, click “Apply Now.”
- You will receive an email and a text message confirming the success of your application.
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/ to obtain your profile, then have your Head of Department sign the paperwork.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile for verification purposes.
- If your National Identification Number (NIN) was not accessible in step 6, go to http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number.
- Fill in the relevant fields and click “Create Account.”
- To complete the form, enter your email address and password.
- Arrange for a time for the photo and finger print capture when you’ve finished.
- To finish the registration process and acquire your National Identity Number, go to any of the 37 capture centres listed at www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm.
- You can also finalize your whole registration at the NIMC.
- To assure completion, go back to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SBSP2021 and modify your application with your NIN.
Click here for additional information.