If you are good in essay writing and you have been seeking opportunity to put your writing skills into contest with others’ for a prize, now is the time to apply to participate in the SME week youth essay competition. For the sixth year, the SME Week Youth Essay Competition is beginning with a brand new question for youth to answer:
In the context of COVID-19 and other global issues, what do SMEs need to become more sustainable and resilient? Consider the competencies and abilities that an entrepreneur will require in the future, and then outline three potential and sustainable start-ups for 2030.
The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship, and SMEs hosts the Youth Essay Competition. It’s a chance for 18-25-year-olds to exchange their thoughts and perspectives with major personalities and stakeholders in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, and SMEs.
About European Commission (EC)
The European Commission (EC) is the European Union’s executive body, in charge of introducing legislation, executing EU rules, and overseeing the union’s administrative activities. Commissioners take an oath at the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg City, promising to uphold the treaties and to be totally self-sufficient in carrying out their responsibilities during their term. The Commissioners are recommended by the European Union Council on the basis of proposals from national governments, and then chosen by the European Council once the European Parliament has given its assent. It’s rather common, the commissioners must have previously held prominent political posts, such as being a member of the European Parliament or a government minister, however this is not a legal necessity.
The EC SME Week Youth Essay Competition’s Goals and Benefits
- The three finalists will have the opportunity to deliver their writings to 500+ Assembly attendees at the SME Assembly.
- Before delivering the essay live at the SME Assembly 2021, you will get presentation training.
- Essays are promoted using various communication methods.
- A trip to Slovenia in 2021 for the SME Assembly.
Qualifications for the EC SME Week Youth Essay Competition
- All 18 to 25-year-olds from European Member States or COSME partner nations are eligible to apply.
- Essays should not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- All articles must be written entirely in English.
- Each candidate is only allowed to submit one submission.
How to Apply for SME Week Youth Essay Competition
Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to the European Commission’s website, ec.europa.eu.
Visit the European SME Week website for more information.