The Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) is a government agency established in 1971 under Decree No.56 with the purpose of standardizing and regulating the quality of products that is produced in Nigeria or imported into the country. In this post, we shall provide updates about the Standards Organization of Nigeria recruitment exercise, requirements and how to submit your application on SON recruitment portal.
The Standard Organisation of Nigeria usually opens its recruitment portal for interested and eligible Nigerians who have what it takes to work with the agency to apply. SON has two categories of offer, namely; graduate and non-graduate job.
SON is similar to NAFDAC, while NAFDAC focuses on food and drug control, SON’s responsibility centres on standardizing and regulating the quality of industrial products.
In order to carry out its functions and responsibilities, the standard organisation of Nigeria employs diligent, hardworking Nigerians who want to advance their career with the agency.
SON Recruitment Application Portal
To successfully submit your application for SON recruitment, eligible candidates should visit the SON portal via www.son.gov.ng and fill out the SON application form.
Note: the standard organisation of Nigeria is currently NOT recruiting, but it will start recruitment any moment from now. We advise to always check this site, nyscinfo.com for updates.
For now, we expect you to get your academic credentials and qualifications ready, see SON recruitment requirements below.
Requirements For SON Recruitment
Below are the basic requirements for SON recruitment:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens
Must have National Identification Number (NIN)
Applicants must have a NYSC discharge certificate or Letter of Exemption.
Must have University Bachelor’s Degree or HND
Must not be over 35 years old
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) with Credit passes in not less than three (3) subjects, including English and maths.
Candidates must be computer literate
Functions of SON
- The agency conduct test and ensure that industrial products meet specific requirements that are considered safe for public consumption and usage.
- They ensure that industrial products are fully registered, and marked as ‘safe’ to use in Nigeria.
- The agency distributes standard samples across Nigeria.
- They have the mandate to establish standard laboratories all over the country for the purpose of carrying out most of their functions.
- They establish quality assurance and certify certain products safe to be used.
Let’s hear from you in the comment section below.