Refugee women face specific challenges when trying to access education and the labour market. We believe that women can thrive in environments where they learn with other women, motivate each other and have access to a range of additional support. With our program THRIVE, we want to empower women through a comprehensive program – supporting them to learn the skills of the modern workplace through a digital program, offer a coaching that addresses their individual career situation, and connecting them to employers through networking events. Additionally, women receive access to a unique blended language learning offer to boost their German skills.
Women with a migration background aged 18-40+ in the DACH region get the chance to participate in a unique digital upskilling program, choosing one of two potential pathways: Data Analyst or Get Started in Tech.
Benefits of THRIVE Upskilling Program
Data Analyst: This pathway offers: Foundational and Intermediate skills in Data Analysis
- Use the programming language Python to analyze data
- Design and create relational databases in SQL
- Create impactful data visualizations with leading software such as Power BI or Tableau
- Tell stories with data by reporting insights from datasets to management
- Improve your German language skills. With access to self-paced German language courses
- Receive feedback from peers and Industry experts. To sharpen your data analytics skills and get ready for work
- Gain Associate Analyst certificate from DataCamp. To prove your new data skills to employers at the end of the program
- Meet with potential employers. By participating in a hybrid networking event at end of the program
Get Started in Tech: This pathway offers: Foundational skills in User Experience (UX), Front End Development and Digital Marketing
- Create a great user experience for mobile apps
- Create great online content that drives business goals
- Create a social media marketing campaign
- Take your German language skill to the next level. With self-paced German language courses and regular live sessions to practice
- Get equipped to excel at work. With webinars on essential soft skills such as communications, effective networking
- Get insights into the day-to-day work of women* in creative and technology industries. With coaching sessions by women* working in these industries.
Requirements for THRIVE Upskilling Program Qualification
To register for the THRIVE program, you have to:
- Identify as a woman* between 18 – 40+ years
- Live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
- Understand English B2 (upper-intermediate) or above and German B1 (intermediate) or above)
- Have a basic understanding of how to use a laptop or tablet
- Be able to commit to 5 hours of learning per week for your preferred pathway
- Pre-register via the form.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to THRIVE on campus.kiron.ngo to apply
For more details, visit THRIVE website on http://kiron.ngo/lp-programs/thrive.