Udacity is collaborating with Access Bank, a multinational commercial bank, to empower people in Africa who are interested in learning tech-forward skills to kick-start careers.
We are proud to provide hands-on learning opportunities in fields such as Business Analytics, Programming, Data Science, Product Management and Digital Marketing. Scholarship recipients will complete a portfolio of real-world projects that demonstrate mastery of highly sought-after tech skills.
As the world becomes increasingly reliant on digital tools, the need for tech-fluent talent grows as well-making this your chance to begin a long-term career.
Udacity and Access Bank are committed to closing the divide between the number of tech jobs available and the number of Africans working in tech by providing opportunities to those who would not otherwise have them. That starts with ensuring a robust pipeline of trained, talented tech professionals. Together, we are offering:
- 2,000 Nanodegree program scholarships for Africans to build practical, in-demand, cutting-edge tech skills.
- Engagement with classmates in a robust, actively managed, student community.
- Subject matter experts and on-demand tutors.
The scholarship will create upskilling opportunities for individuals and give them the skills needed in the digital world. In fact, the tech industry comprises some of the highest growth, most in-demand careers today.
Scholarship Program Benefits
- The program is completely free to all scholarship recipients. Access Bank covers the costs.
Scholarship Program Qualification Requirements
- Anyone 20 years of age and above is encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship recipients should be prepared to invest about 5–10 hours per week during the Nanodegree programs.
- STEM graduate or demonstrated evidence of strong interest in pursuing IT and Digital career.
- Consistent access to a laptop.
- Consistent access to strong data network and power supply.
- Commitment to the time required for the program.
- Must give pre-consent during application for Udacity to share data with the bank.
- Recent graduates from School/University or early career professionals are strongly preferred.
- Applicants based in Africa are strongly preferred
Interview date, Process and Venue
- May 9, 2023 – June 13, 2023: Applications Accepted
- June 19, 2023: Challenge Winners Announced
- June 22, 2023 – August 3, 2023: Challenge Course
- August 13, 2023: Nanodegree Winners Announced
- August 17, 2023: Nanodegree Begins
How to Apply
For more details, visit Udacity website