The University of Lagos, UNILAG, is now accepting applications for the UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies Trust Fund Grant for students from adequately qualified students. All students are eligible for this fully supported grant.
The School of Postgraduate Studies established a Postgraduate Trust Fund on Thursday, July 7, 2016 in the University Main Auditorium during its 2015/2016 Academic Session Annual Lecture to assist intellectually brilliant students in research work, engender capacity building, strengthen post-graduate students training in the University, and open the doors to several other benefits.
Following the Board of Postgraduate Studies’ approval of the funds’ disbursement, the School invites interested Ph.D. students to apply for the grant.
Goals and Benefits Grant Disbursement Modalities
- The grant will be paid out in three installments (40:40:20), as determined by evidence of completed work.
- When the candidate is set to go to APC, the grant will be granted (1st tranche will be released) (2nd tranche will be released).
- The Candidate’s Viva is held prior to the Candidate’s Viva (3rd tranche will be released).
- Candidates must commit to finishing the work within three years after receiving the grant; otherwise, the remaining portion of the award will be revoked.
- Until the work is completed, pre-field, post-field, and post Academic Programme Committee (APC) Progress Reports will be required.
UNILAG Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification Requirements
- Be a registered Ph.D. candidate and full-time student for the year in which the Grant application is being submitted;
- Prior to application, you must not have spent more than three years;
- Course completion is required. Work with a minimum grade point average of 4.50 as approved by Senate; Must have given his or her first seminar (Pre-Field);
- Must demonstrate that the work of a Ph.D. is relevant to national development;
- Both the supervisor and the departmental postgraduate committee must approve you.
How to Apply
Application forms are available via the School of Postgraduate Studies’ Office of the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary.
Applicants should be aware that inaccuracy and distortion of facts will result in a penalty, and that completed forms that are not returned within the specified time will not be processed.
Click here for additional information.