The UN Foundation is always looking for passionate changemakers to contribute to our mission to help the UN drive global progress.
The United Nations Foundation Internships currently offer internships for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. Internships are posted approximately two months prior to the start of each semester.
The internship program is free, and interns are allowed to work remotely from anywhere while studying or working on other commitments, ensuring accessibility for all passionate individuals.
As a United Nations Foundation Intern, you will enjoy the benefits of paid leave, competitive salary, health insurance, and many others.
About United Nations
The English language component of the Indigenous Fellowship Programme (IFP) was established in 1997. It takes place at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva, Switzerland and lasts for 4 weeks, usually coinciding with the annual meeting of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP). The objective of this training programme is to enhance the knowledge of indigenous peoples on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can use them to more effectively advocate for the rights of their communities.
Benefits of United Nations Internship Program
The UN Foundation is committed to offering employees an affordable and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- United Health Care PPO medical insurance, with a traditional option or a consumer-driven health plan
- United Healthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of the UN Foundation. To link to the Machine-Readable files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
- A generous employer contribution to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Guardian PPO dental insurance
- Vision discounts with VSP
- Vision Insurance through EyeMed
- Access to a medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403(b) pre-tax saving plan through Principal with a generous employer matching contribution
- 457(b) supplemental pre-tax saving plan through Principal for qualifying employees
- 4 weeks of vacation each year
- 2 weeks of sick leave each year
- 3 personal days
- 8 weeks of family care leave
- Mass-transit subsidy up to IRS pre-tax limit
- Pre-tax spending account for parking expenses
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Employer paid group term life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurances
- Supplemental life insurance option for employees, spouses, and children
- On-site gym access and discounts through Zeamo
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Concierge benefits assistance program
- Extensive discount programs
- Access to a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to Back-Up Childcare and Adult Care
- Pet Insurance
United Nations Internship Program Qualification Requirements
- Candidates applying for the United Nations Foundation Internships must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university.
How To Apply
For more details, visit United Nations website