If you are currently a Ph.D. student or a recent graduate, we have good news for you. The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) have announced the official opening of application portal for the 2022 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries.
In this article, we will lead you through all you need to know about for the 2022 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries, eligibility requirements and how you can apply for the program.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program focuses on young, talented African citizens who have recently completed their Ph.D. programs or are completing their Ph.D. programs in a field relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has had a lot of successes since it began, erecting a powerful pipeline of young African talent with interest to build a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, academia, as well as think tanks.
• Selected fellows will be offered a 6-month assignment at World Bank Group offices in Washington D.C or in country offices to get hands-on experience in WBG tasks.
• Fellows will work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG objective of eliminating poverty and advancing shared prosperity.
• Selected fellows will be equipped with the capacity to become African change makers in development research, policymaking and advance the objectives of decreasing poverty in the region.
- You must be recent Ph.D. graduate (within 3 years of completion) or,
- Be a current Ph.D. student in the last year of your program.
- You must have excellent command of English Language, both in written and spoken.
- Must possess robust, measurable and analytical skills.
- You must be below the age of 32 by the deadline of the application window, 23rd August 2021.
Note that the selection process will happen in two phases. You can find out more on this on the official application portal at www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr/brief/world-bank-group-africa-fellowship-program. Application deadline is 23rd AUGUST 2021.