This article is about African Centre for Translational Genomics (ACTG) 2021 Academic Scholarship for developing genomic scientists of African descent. It is only designed for Africans from all countries across the continent of Africa. If you are an emerging scientist or a scientific research, this is an opportunity for you to apply and be selected for the award of the African Centre for Translational Genomics (ACTG) 2021 Academic Scholarship.
The African Centre for Translational Genomics (ACTG) has announced the 2021 Academic Scholarship for emerging genomic scientists in Africa. The scholarship empowered the incoming generation of African genomic scientists via the provision and implementation of grants, fellowship, and internships, make better health results by leading the discovery of disease variants in order to significantly improve reactions to drugs mostly among African populations, and enhance therapy on African continent by allowing personalized and precise care that uses patient unique genetic identity to create new targets for medicine.
The African Centre for Translational Genomics (ACTG) scholarship offer is competitive based on predominant rates in both private and public universities in Africa. Each scholar will have access to $4, 000 Us Dollars every year for 4 years.
- The scholarship application is open to all Africans who have a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- Only students currently enrolled in full-time Ph.D. programs and who a committed to the completion of their programs within 3 or 4 year window of their study are qualified to apply.
- You must be admitted to study molecular genetics or genetic epidemiology or related areas.
- Be a verified student of any African based university by admission through the procedures defined by the university.
- All applicants will be treated equally, irrespective of their country.
The selection criteria can be found on the additional information section of the scholarship descriptions page.
How to Apply and Documents
- Statement of interest from the applicant (2pages max.).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant
- Research proposal summary in either genetic epidemiology or molecular genetics (4pages max.).
- Letter of support from the department chairperson or faculty supervisor of the candidate, showing the student’s academic qualifications, accomplishments, career goals and reasons for selecting the student (2pages max.).
To apply, visit www.actginitiative.com/scholarship.html. Note that application deadline is 15th August 2021.