AGNES which is an acronym for ‘African-German Network of Excellence in Science’, is honoured to announce their two funding programmes; The AGNES Intra-Africa Mobility Grant for Young Researchers, and the AGNES-PAWS Intra-Africa Mobility Grants for Young Female Researchers 2021. Also check out: Steps to Apply for MamaCash Grants 2021 (Up to $2,000) .
The German Federal Ministry of Education are the ones financing the two grants, with the support of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH).
The aim of the two mobility grants is to strengthen the networking, and scientific capacity of young researchers in Africa through active cooperation of potentials.
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023
The alumni of the AvH in their effort is futher assisted towards mentoring high potential junior researchers, helping in the accessing of international networks of scientific excellence.
A maximum grant amount of two thousand three hundred euro (EUR 2,300) for 1 month, and three thousand euro (EUR 3,000) for 2 month is earmarked to stay.
- The applicant(s) must be registered officially for a Doctoral degree at a tertiary/university institute in sub-Sahara Africa, and may be from any academic discipline. Must have already published at least one paper of his/her thesis work, and must be a national of a sub-Sahara Africa country.
- Having published one (1) article for their thesis work, direct application from young researchers will be considered for both AGNES-PAWS mobility grants, and AGNES mobility grants.
- Only applicants with a mutually agreed -upon work schedule and an identified scientific host will be considered for the grant.
- Applicants must make sure that their work is relevant towards the development in sub-Sahara Africa countries, and cannot be conducted in a home country.
Completed application must include the following;
- A published article list in a non-predatory journal (including a screenshot of at least the Author /title page and an e-copy .
- An official prove of registration for the post graduate degree and a standard CV of the applicants (only students who are current doctoral are eligible )
- Cost of travel (by economy class flight or land): supply two quotes for the journey between the country of the host institute and the applicant’s country of residence (including return travel).
- Letter of invite from the scientific host:
- a) A declaration binding from the institutions of the host requesting an amount of the cost of the research allowance. The amount of one hundred (100) euro and two hundred (200) euro per month will be deducted from social science and humanity, Natural and Life science, and Engineering students grant respectively.
- b) At the indicated period confirming that a work place will be available.
- A short research project proposal of not more than five (5) pages from the junior scientists with a work schedule of achieving the aim of the host institution research and a short outline of the proposed research. Writing to the proposal and time schedule must be agreed by the scientific host .Indicate whether you are applying for the AGNES
- PAWS mobility grants or the AGNES mobility grant at the top of your proposal.
- Estimated living cost (local transport, health insurance, rent,meal)at the host institute. A vaild health insurance for the research stay is expected to be concluded by applicants themselves. Host institute and scientific host are expected to assist applicants to advise them on establishing subsistence estimates and in finding accommodation that is affordable.
- Official Academic transcripts copy of the applicants ,reflecting the grades obtained in any postgraduate and in the graduate study. The grading system should be explained, for better understanding.
All requested documents should be in PDF format.Your surname must be labelled with it first with the required file size not exceeding 8mb.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.The line of subject should be “2021 AGNES/AGNES-PAWS Intra African Mobility Grant”
For more information visit the AGNES Inter-Africa Mobility Grant portal;
Apply For: CBN Non-Interest Loan 2023