If you are an African student or a recent graduate with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life, please read this post carefully. The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship is here to give you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
The fellowship will bring together students and recent graduates who are eager to learn, take risks, and fully devote themselves to training for excellence with the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre’s best-in-class entrepreneurship program.
Leaders with a strong entrepreneurial attitude and skillset who can make a positive social and financial impact.
Eligibility For Jim Leech Mastercard Fellowship
African students and recent graduates who want to solve critical challenges and turn their business ideas into reality are eligible.
- Queen’s University faculty and industry executives present a business bootcamp with decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience.
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology established the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step methodology for scalable enterprises.
- Coaching and mastery of the pitch
- 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurial training modules earns a certificate.
- Visibility and Networking on a Global Scale:
- Liaise with North American innovators and entrepreneurs as mentors and speakers.
- Get access to a global network of Queen’s graduates who are entrepreneurs.
- Join a group of thousands of like-minded African students and recent graduates.
- In the last phase of the program, fellows are matched with industry experts and entrepreneurs for mentorship.
- Get input at key milestones in your startup’s development.
- Financial Support: Each Fellow will receive a $500 CAD stipend.
- Dunin-Deshpande offers opportunities to pitch for money. Seed funding competitions at the Queen’s Innovation Centre
How to Apply for a Jim Leech Mastercard Fellowship
To apply, please visit the official Jim Leech Mastercard Fellowship website.
You will also be able to access a comprehensive information about the fellowship on the website.
Before applying, make sure you read over all of the application requirements on the Award Webpage (see link below).